R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHelp With Spare Tire Cover Selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help With Spare Tire Cover Selection
    Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:36am
I am trying to make sure I get the right size (and quality) spare tire cover before ordering. The tire is a Ridgway Sport ST STD 205/75R14 (As I assume all Rpods are). The cover that's on it now fits perfectly. I would like to order one the exact same size. Looking on Amazon at American Unlimited M50 Products I like T-P215-32_Black. It ain't cheap, 69.99, so I want to do it right the first time. The existing cover measures 27" diameter from seam to seam. It looks like the 27.5" option is the one. But can I be sure? And how about quality? It says you can contact M50 Products, but I can't find a contact option. Also, I want to order the security tie down for it too....any help out there in Rpod land? Land of the free. Home of the brave.
Q7-retired View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:48am
Henryv, I recommend you measure the diameter of the tire, then buy a cover that stretches to at least that diameter.  Most covers have elastic or string to bind them tightly around the tire.  Sorry if this is already obvious in terms of sizing.

For spare tire security, we bought a cable lock and ran it through the spare tire wheel and pod bumper.  This arrangement prevented at least one theft attempt.
Best regards, Jim
2015-RP178
TV 2015 Audi Q7 TDI and 2017 Ford F150
At home in "Our Pod"
 Post Reply Post Reply