R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBlack Tank Flush - 178

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Tank Flush - 178
    Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 4:41pm
Folks, here was my issue. Since taking delivery of my used 2015 178, with no warranty, my right hand side Black Tank Flush has never worked. After reading and investigation I determined the one way valve in the flush port to line was in backwards. I also determined it could not be accessed from the bed access port on the shower wall, and the easiest, but difficult way was to remove the sink and access plumbing in bottom of shower wall, I know some of the members have done that. Not me, too much like work. My other issue is/was everything that has to do with water and waste is on the left side of the Pod. With that valve being backwards, I was carrying water to the toilet, flushing a hundred times or bringing a hose into the Pod.

SO here is what I did. I disconnected the hose from the back asswards valve to the L coupler on the black tank. Turned the coupler 180 degrees to the front of the Pod. I pushed the disconnected hose up into the frame. I went to the hardware store and bought a female hose nipple 1/2 inch, 8' of half inch water hose and 2 - 5/8" hose clamps. I ran the hose from the existing L connector on the tank and secured with a clamp, ran the hose across the bottom of the Pod at the front of the black tank, secured to the floor. I bent a piece of aluminum stock I had about 1 1/4 in by 6 " in half. I drilled two mounting holes in the top of the bracket and a 5/8 " hole in the bottom half. I mounted the bracket to the floor of the Pod next to the Black Water drain. I mounted the hose nipple through the 5/8" hole with two large 1/2" washers and the hose and the other hose clamp. So now my Black Water port is connected to the tank and mounted on the left side of the Pod - next to the Black Water drain. Then I moved the decal. And I didn't take apart my shower fall to make up for someone who doesn't understand a flow arrow.

The present connector at the port has no spray capability, it puts water in the black tank. There are at least 3 spray adaptable nozzles you can purchase and install, two by CAMCO and one by Valttera (sp) (Lakeside RV). To install them properly you need to lower the tank. I didn't want to do that. My purpose was to put all the water on one side, NOT tear my bathroom wall apart and fill the Black tank with a hose.

Sorry for length of post - this is the only thing I haven't fixed on my non-warranty Pod.

THANKS
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
 Post Reply Post Reply