R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedConverter question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Converter question
    Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:02am
While staying in Devil's den Arkansas we had the shore power go off and on during bad storms all night. Now when plugged in my volt meter reads 16 volts,and goes back to 12.4 when unplugged. Think I fried my converter? Now pulling into smokey mountain nat park and for a few days and then up to DC. Having a ball!
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:57am
If your converter is putting out 16v, then yes it has been damaged. Do you use a surge guard?
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:05pm
Furpod,
Yes I should probably call this one lesson learned on power surge cable. Fortunately we are traveling almost every day or every other day and my truck charges up the batterys while I drive. we don't really use hookups that often. We're just heading into Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains and will be on battery power while we were there so it's all good.
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by voisj

Furpod,
Yes I should probably call this one lesson learned on power surge cable. Fortunately we are traveling almost every day or every other day and my truck charges up the batterys while I drive. we don't really use hookups that often. We're just heading into Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains and will be on battery power while we were there so it's all good.

JUST left that area yesterday.. back again to Townsend for a rally next month.. Wink
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:14am
Furpod, Sorry we missed you!, we are now in Reston Virginia,Fairfax lake Park. would love to run into another podder.We have only seen one since we left the west coast, and that was driving on 40 in Oklahoma, they saw us and we chatted on Facebook!So my my road fix for the melted converter was to turn off the the breaker for the converter and then plug a small battery charger/ maintainer into the outside elec plug, going on 3 days and working perfect, Except that I blew up the television too now we'll have to play games and talk. So win/win:)
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 8:29am
Originally posted by voisj

Furpod, Sorry we missed you!, we are now in Reston Virginia,Fairfax lake Park. would love to run into another podder.We have only seen one since we left the west coast, and that was driving on 40 in Oklahoma, they saw us and we chatted on Facebook!So my my road fix for the melted converter was to turn off the the breaker for the converter and then plug a small battery charger/ maintainer into the outside elec plug, going on 3 days and working perfect, Except that I blew up the television too now we'll have to play games and talk. So win/win:)

The outdoor life can be a hard life.. LOL. enjoy. for a fun easy game, try "farkle". has gotten us through many a rainy evening..
 Post Reply Post Reply