R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStorage Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Storage Ideas
    Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 6:29pm
I have been all over websites looking for storage ideas. You need to be creative in r-pods to figure out to solve unresolved issues, i.e. kitchen wall use, bath wall use, bed wall use, etc. Would appreciate to hear how you have introduced efficiency into your R-pod....I have a 2016 179.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 6:47pm
Get some wooden crates and some rectangular baskets. Put things in them to put into the cabinets. The crates work well with the deep cabinet under the stove on the 179. I modified a couple to be a little shorter to fit on the bottom easier. The baskets are wire rectangular baskets that our local Aldi store had on sale. I picked up a bunch of them and they have been very handy, especially in the pantry, above the dinette, and on the shelf I put in above the bed. Just be creative and you will find some solutions that I may not have thought of.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:29pm
We have done several storage related changes that help for our long distance trips.  We purchased a multi-pocket shoe bag that is made to hang over a door.  We cut it off at the height that we wanted and screwed it to the side of our microwave cabinet.  It has about 10 pockets that we use for lots of stuff-flashlights, keys, suntan lotion,. bug spray, sunglasses. long nose lighter, etc.  we also use a lot of clear plastic boxes available at Wal mart to store thigs so we can categorize them.  they fit in over head cabinets stacked on top of each other.  We installed a clothes hanging rod in our bathroom at the top of the wall to hang our coats and some clothing.  The rod is easily removable if needed.

The best thing to do is try to take only what you need.  this makes storage a lot easier.
figure out what you really need to take and then try to determine where you can keep it -what has the most use is the easiest to access.  Take less and make sure that almost everything you take is really used.  At the end of the trip, look at what you didn't use and really decide if you need it.

Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
marwayne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 12:32pm
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

sailor323 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:46am
The single best thing we did to improve storage in our 179 was to open up the cabinetry beneath the stove.  We cut an access hole just inside the door and added slide out shelves.  Completely transforms the cabinet into usable space.
CjMk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:05pm
Can you send a photo of your slide out shelves, please. Can you travel with pot & pans on the shelves? Do these items stay put? 

Thanks!
With Gratitude,
Cj & MJ
R-Pod 2018 179
2017 VW Touareg 6 Cyl
VW Toureg
 Post Reply Post Reply