Topic ClosedIntro and Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Danielw1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intro and Questions
    Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:22pm
A little off subject but.. i just bought a 2015 178 used and I can't find a tv remote therefore can't do a channel scan. Anyone know where to get one? Also, I can see on the menu using the tv buttons that says channel scan but it won't let me click on it
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 5:33pm
I enjoy watching movies on my laptop. Or reading my Bible. Maybe I will tackle the project you mentioned in due time. I'm with you on the vast intellectual wasteland, maybe it's a "vast right wing conspiracy". And maybe the world is not really round. Thanks fellow Tarheel!
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by henryv

Stephen, This looks like a little too much work..if you were here, I'd hire you to do it! looking for another option. Maybe I'll do like a friend. Kill the TV!

It actually sounds harder than it is. If I were there, you would see that it is actually quite simple. Killing the TV is not a bad option either. The vast intellectual wasteland is for the most part not worth expending the effort on. However, getting an updated weather report or watching a movie and being able to hear it when the weather is nasty is a good thing.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 4:08pm
Stephen, This looks like a little too much work..if you were here, I'd hire you to do it! looking for another option. Maybe I'll do like a friend. Kill the TV!
Itinerate Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by jeannemor

Proud new owner of a 2017 178.  It's been a long time since I traveled in a trailer.  Not to date myself, but you had to add filaments to your light fixtures........ pump for a faucet on the sink.  Needless to say I have some catching up to do!!  Lost my husband last year and setting new goals for myself.  One of these was to buy a trailer and head out.  As a photographer, I can't wait to tackle new places.  This forum has already answered quite a few questions I had.  Thank you for being here!  I plan to be an active member on this forum.  Thanks again!!Big smile

Welcome to the forum.  Goldendale seemed familiar, but I had to look it up.  Kathy and I had camped on the Columbia River at a private campground just past Maryhill State Park.  It was the summer of 2012 and I recall some fruit/veggie stands and some old buildings, lots of interesting photography subjects, plus stonehenge up the hill.
Jim & Kathy
Sadie, our canine companion
2017.5 RP 180 HRE
2006 Northstar Popup Truck    Camper
2017 Audi Q7, 2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel
MDPaddlersPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 8:49am
I used a headphone jack from the TV to the headphone jack on the stereo, set the mode to Aux.
MDPaddlersPod
2017 RPod 179
2002 Silverado1500
TeeBrock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:51am
Thanks for correcting my explanation.  I would go out to re-check, re-think my explanation if mine wasn't in the shop.....LOL
Tee
and Sadie (Chocolate Lab)
2017.5 RP 180
2006 Kia Sorento
2002 BMW R1150RS
jeannemor View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:11am
Proud new owner of a 2017 178.  It's been a long time since I traveled in a trailer.  Not to date myself, but you had to add filaments to your light fixtures........ pump for a faucet on the sink.  Needless to say I have some catching up to do!!  Lost my husband last year and setting new goals for myself.  One of these was to buy a trailer and head out.  As a photographer, I can't wait to tackle new places.  This forum has already answered quite a few questions I had.  Thank you for being here!  I plan to be an active member on this forum.  Thanks again!!Big smile
2017 178 Rpod
2006 GMC Siera 4x4
"Have trailer and camera will travel"
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:00pm
Tee,

The standard colors for a 3-conductor cable are Yellow = Video; Red = Right sound channel; White = Left sound channel. The only two conductors needed are Red and White. A 2-conductor stereo cable as I described above is perfectly adequate.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
TeeBrock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 4:52pm
There should be a video/sound cable that has white, yellow and red plug-ins. The yellow and white are necessary for the speakers. There should be the same on the back of the tv and by the antenna amplifier button. Does this help? I don't have the same model, but maybe this is the same.
Tee
and Sadie (Chocolate Lab)
2017.5 RP 180
2006 Kia Sorento
2002 BMW R1150RS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>