Author
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish list for rPod
    Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by spydie

[
I must be missing something.  We already have 120 volt outlets inside the Pod.  But I guess you want more?  So why not just do your inside wiring and add them?  I don't see the benefit of putting a through-the-wall plug that would require you to have both your 30 amp cord plugged in and another 20amp cord.  That certainly isn't the way I'd want to start putting in inside outlets.  Unless I'm still not understanding it? Which is always possible.

Just as soon as your wife turns on her blow dryer, while the WH is running, the coffee maker is running and your youngest just dropped a couple EGGO's in the toaster, you will understand.

LOL
eye95 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by spydie

[
I must be missing something.  We already have 120 volt outlets inside the Pod.  But I guess you want more?  So why not just do your inside wiring and add them?  I don't see the benefit of putting a through-the-wall plug that would require you to have both your 30 amp cord plugged in and another 20amp cord.  That certainly isn't the way I'd want to start putting in inside outlets.  Unless I'm still not understanding it? Which is always possible.

Just as soon as your wife turns on her blow dryer, while the WH is running, the coffee maker is running and your youngest just dropped a couple EGGO's in the toaster, you will understand.

LOL

Bear in mind that, if you do use both outlets, you can potentially draw up to 50A for your one campsite--when the campground is expecting you to draw at most 30. That could cause issues.

Someone on the FROG forum related a story about a site that had three pedestals being supplied by a 100A breakered box behind a lock. 30 + 30 + 50 = 110. When the circuit blew, three sites down, and no way to fix it until the AM.
<0>
2017 178 The "eye-Pod"
2011 Nissan Titan
sportbikenut View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 9:47am
Has anyone removed the sink from the wet bath in the 178/179?  Is the same wall material behind it with just screw holes to fill?  Would be simple and add some room.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 4:55pm
I have not removed it, but there is a hole under the sink where the P trap for the sink drain and the fittings for the black water flush reside in the 179. The sink skirt covers this hole so that it is not visible. Some people have ordered a kit from Forest River that provides a panel to cover the hole. I would not mind removing the sink in ours to gain the additional room, but the wife has vetoed that idea. She wants to keep the sink.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Casey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:57pm
This goes for all rv manufacturers and Forest River is definitely no exception.   My wish list consists of only two words.  "Quality construction"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234