Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish list for rPod
    Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Kos

Better or actually a quality control at the factory.
Better mattress and better foam.
No freshwater tank behind the axle for the 179.

Where do you want the fresh water tank?
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
rawest50 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:31pm
Adding an item. 20 amp plug with receptacles to take advantage of most electrical pedestals at the campsites. Every camp site I have visited has 20 amp, 30 amp and 50apm service. I have bought a couple of 15 amp plugs to mount through the wall of the RPod and wire to where I need a receptacle. Just have to identify a safe spot to drill the hole for the connection plug.   
2017.5 RPod 179
2017 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Off Road Crew Cab
2 Weiner dogs
Great wife puts up with my BS
❤️ Thoroughbred Racing.
spydie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 2:52pm
I'd like to see another model like the 176 (bunk beds) but put the kitchen on the right side, dinette in the slide-out, and dry bath in the rear end (like the 180).

Also, you should never put the freshwater tank way in the rear of the camper.  ON mine it's the farthest tank to the rear.  Right behind the axel is the grey water tank, and the one that collects the least water (weight) is the black tank ahead of the axel.  Fresh water should be over the axel or the tank ahead of the axel, grey water behind the axel and black water (the least-used tank) the fartherest one to the rear.  The way it's set up now causes trailer sway very easily if you fill your freshwater tank before taking off (I don't want to hear about "never fill your fresh water tank before traveling".  Some of us like to have a full-weeks worth of water with us for dry camping.)
2018 R-pod 176
2017 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi
spydie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by rawest50

Adding an item. 20 amp plug with receptacles to take advantage of most electrical pedestals at the campsites. Every camp site I have visited has 20 amp, 30 amp and 50apm service. I have bought a couple of 15 amp plugs to mount through the wall of the RPod and wire to where I need a receptacle. Just have to identify a safe spot to drill the hole for the connection plug.   

I didn't understand that.  Are you wanting a 20 amp receptacle on the outside of the camper to plug directly into a 20 amp campground outlet (when you could use an adapter on your 30 amp plug just as easily), or are you wanting outside receptacles to plug things into it like a vacuum cleaner, etc?
2018 R-pod 176
2017 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi
spydie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Whoababe

Our wish list for future 179:
  • hardwire surge protector
  • no sink in wet bath, or larger wet bath 
  • lift bed for storage
  • speaker located over the bed
  • quite AC
  • dual propane
  • battery cut off switch
  • tilt on television 

Just saying....why didn't they put a tilt on the tv? Confused

Nobody makes a [sic] "quite" AC, they don't even make a "QUIET" one! LOL . Forest River can't correct that problem.  My 176 has a lift bed for storage.  I agree, get rid of that sink in the bathroom (no way to make it bigger without making a larger trailer).
2018 R-pod 176
2017 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi
rawest50 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by spydie

I didn't understand that.  Are you wanting a 20 amp receptacle on the outside of the camper to plug directly into a 20 amp campground outlet (when you could use an adapter on your 30 amp plug just as easily), or are you wanting outside receptacles to plug things into it like a vacuum cleaner, etc?

If I want outside power I just use and extension cord. The plug would on the outside through the RV wall. Female end plugs into the wall plug. From there I would wire to an new outlet within the trailer I install. Just a clean neat way to get additional outlets inside without running cords inside. If there is an easy way let me know.
2017.5 RPod 179
2017 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Off Road Crew Cab
2 Weiner dogs
Great wife puts up with my BS
❤️ Thoroughbred Racing.
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 3:19pm
My wish list of things I think FR should include or have as options for R-Pods:
1. See Level 709 Tank Monitoring system
2. Inverter with at least two outlets
3. Higher-end Memory Foam mattress
4. Adjustable shelves in pantry (179)
5. Tougher materials on Dinette upholstery

Maybe I should make another Top-5 YouTube video from these!
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
spydie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:08pm
+1 on memory foam mattress (could even be a walmart one like we use) and adjustable shelves in pantry (176).  An inverter costs about $20 on amazon and I have two of them already, but they have to plug into a 12 volt receptacle so I've just added 5 of those in the Pod... so... my next request that I forgot to mention earlier would be to:

ADD SOME 12 VOLT RECEPTACLES INSIDE LIKE EVERY OTHER CAMPER HAS!
2018 R-pod 176
2017 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi
spydie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by spydie

If I want outside power I just use and extension cord. The plug would on the outside through the RV wall. Female end plugs into the wall plug. From there I would wire to an new outlet within the trailer I install. Just a clean neat way to get additional outlets inside without running cords inside. If there is an easy way let me know.

I must be missing something.  We already have 120 volt outlets inside the Pod.  But I guess you want more?  So why not just do your inside wiring and add them?  I don't see the benefit of putting a through-the-wall plug that would require you to have both your 30 amp cord plugged in and another 20amp cord.  That certainly isn't the way I'd want to start putting in inside outlets.  Unless I'm still not understanding it? Which is always possible.
2018 R-pod 176
2017 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:25pm
I frequently struggle with "wish lists."  Much of what others think are necessary I have little use for.  And if all the accessories asked for were included the price would be much higher.

Its America people.  Make your Pod the way you want it!
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>