FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Podder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Podder
    Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 11:12am
Originally posted by birderdiane526

Don and Amy, congratulations and welcome!  This forum is a great community! Lots of advice and laughs.  Also, check out the Rpod Facebook group - another great resource.

I am learning that very quickly! So far, I love this Forum!
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Don&Amy

Stephen...Thanks so much for all of the helpful advice!

My pleasure. I'm glad to be able to help.

I do have the AWD on the Escape. As far as brake controllers go, I am having a P3 installed prior to delivery. I also plan on having the Recurve R3 WD/Sway control hitch installed unless there's something about these that folks here know that I don't!

The P3 is a good choice. I had not even heard of the Recurve R3 before. The big three I see mentioned are the Equal-i-zer (what I have), the Fastway E2, and the Andersen. I will be interested to hear how well the Recurve R3 works.

I am very comfortable towing and tend to err on the side of EXTREME caution while doing so. I figure if the Pod is hooked up, then I'm not going to work, so no need for speed. Smile

Even when one does so, an accident can still happen. It is less likely when one exercises care and does not get in too big a hurry. In our case, if we had waited a day or two, there would have been the opportunity for the ice that we hit to have melted. We wanted to get to our daughter's new house though. The rest is history.

I think when my car's wheels fall off (2010 Fusion with 374,000 miles!) I will look to get something a bit more substantial to pull it with. But for now, the Escape will have to do!

Thanks again for the response! I can definitely foresee "leaning" on you experienced Podders quite a bit in the future!!

Best Regards,
Don

We tend to hold on to our cars also, even though we have not yet gotten that many miles on one of them. You must do a LOT of driving. When we bought the 2010 Nissan Frontier, it had around 78,000 miles. It now has about 82,000. We would have driven the Escape for much longer than we did. The accident forced us to make a change. So far, it is working out for the better.

Best regards to you also.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12