Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFROG International Rally

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: FROG International Rally
    Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:38am
Is anyone here going to this Rally in August? It will be my first time and I would love to be amongst the other R-Pod'rs.

Also, has anyone received any service when they where there? I have a bit of a problem, my 2012 172 has a VERY LOW profile and I managed to shear off my back 2 scissor legs coming out of a driveway. They have always scraped so I guess they finally gave up the ghost. I have tried to get the dealer that sold me the Pod to purchase a lift kit but they look at me like I'm alien and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Do you think this is something that I can get done when I get there or stay a day or two to get done?

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 1:48pm
There will be other pods there. Your dealer is an idiot if he doesn't know what risers are, they were a factory option for years.

You may, or may not be able to get them added at the rally.
The Hawk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:47pm
I was at the Rally two years ago and would highly recommend it at least once. Forest River treated us like kings and even though there were many types of F.R. trailers there (much larger and much more money) we did not feel left out or slighted. There was a group of 30 Rpods and we had a great time sharing our secrets and tricks for the units.  I did see a guy get some lifters added but I believe he took it to the factory for the day to have it done. They are very accommodating and we were each allowed three repairs to be doneT. hey did it quickly and with no questions asked.  There is lots to see in the area and worth the week. Wouldn't do it every year but certainly a unique experience.  The big issue is getting into it as in the past the registration fills up in 12-24 hours, you must be on it the day the registration opens up.  hope that helps...have fun.     
Doug and Caroline Hawkins
A 178 F.R.O.G. POD
(Fully Relying On God)
Driving a 2009Hyundai Santa Fe
Living in Caledonia, Ontario Canada
ZuBrew View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:47am
I'm new to this, what is the FROG International Rally?
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4
2018 R-Pod 189
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300A
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by ZuBrew

I'm new to this, what is the FROG International Rally?

It's a rally put on in Goshen Indiana by Forest River. "FROG" is the Forest River Owners Group. They put on rallies and meet ups for FR owners around the country every year. The Intn'l rally in Goshen is a bit different.. It's held at the Local fairgrounds, about 800 sites available, sells out in hours. It's an opportunity to, among other things, tour the factory and meet the crew that built your camper, or at least some of them, get inside look at new models FR is bringing out, tour Amish country, and eat bad food in a huge building. One of the biggest "perks" of attending it is factory service, on-site. No matter the age or model year of your Pod, if it has an issue that would be covered under warranty, it will be repaired. Or, at least somethings will be. In the first couple years, they fixed pretty much anything and everything. Now that the rally is so big, they limit you to choosing the 3 or 4 things that you want fixed.. I have seen 10 year old toy haulers get 3 new axles, gratis. I have seen Pods get axles, fridges, a/c units.. etc etc.

We went 3 times when we owned our Pod, and in fact, last year (2017) we went up JUST to visit with the crew, and stayed offsite, since we no longer belong to FROG.
 Post Reply Post Reply