Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAwning, Bathroom, & TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awning, Bathroom, & TV
    Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:40pm
Well, a lot of folks in this thread think the hanging closet is useless, but I'm going to try to put it to good use by hanging 2 rod brackets on the top outside of the bathroom door.  If I can get the brackets to extend out far enough, I'm going to hang that short closet rod on the brackets and hang the closet as a storage pantry to hold lightweight things.  I know I have room in the RP177 because of the slideout.  But what I don't know yet is if I will be able to open the bathroom door far enough with the "pantry" hanging there.  And alas, Wacko if I can't make it work, I will go the way of all the others before me and either lay it on the bed or bring it into the house.  I'll let you know after I try it out. 

And "mountain mist" I love the Smokies, especially Townsend the "quiet" side of the Smokies.  There's even a Bed & Breakfast in Pigeon Forge with your name!  I stayed there one time, and loved it.  With all the rolling farmland around it, I couldn't believe I was so close to the hustle and bustle of Pigeon Forge and Dollywood. 
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 7:49am
I took the hanging closet out of the bathroom and placed it on the hooks on the bathroom room door.  Once the slide is out, there is enough room for the closet and for the two of us to walk around.  I found it good to put in clothes and towels in it and was easy to pull things out of it.  

When we got home, we just brought the thing into the house.  We figured that we can use it to pack for the next adventure and just take it out to ¡Podtástic! when we get ready to go.
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 8:05am
Originally posted by tpierce220

I took the hanging closet out of the bathroom and placed it on the hooks on the bathroom room door.  Once the slide is out, there is enough room for the closet and for the two of us to walk around.  I found it good to put in clothes and towels in it and was easy to pull things out of it.  

When we got home, we just brought the thing into the house.  We figured that we can use it to pack for the next adventure and just take it out to ¡Podtástic! when we get ready to go.
Now I'm really excited because you just told me it would work.  It REALLY works!  YIPPEEEE! Thumbs Up
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 1:27pm
For those of use who have the 176 model and don't use one or both of the bunks, it's a great place to lay it sideways and put all those little things that are always getting lost.

Happy Podding
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 4:50pm
Now I'm really excited because you just told me it would work.  It REALLY works!  YIPPEEEE! Thumbs Up

Except it really doesn't work.  Excuse me for quoting myself but I thought I should "retract" my last post.  The shelves are cardboard and they just buckle if you put anything but light clothing on them.  Mine's out of there now.  It's pretty useless.  So now my opinion is . . . Thumbs Down
2011 Mercedes ML350

mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 5:28pm
My 2 cents on the hanging bag, just another of those things made to look like you are getting something.

Mine is doing duty in my closet in the house, holds summer short and t's.

Since it is mainly just me in the Pod, there is enough room for plastic  tubs under the bed, I have one in the upper shelf over the frig. for my towels and change of sheets.

As to places in the Smokies that are quiet and don't know you are even near to the madness. My home has a front yard that IS the Park. All our living is done in Summer on a long screen porch.Except when I can get the Pod out and gone. You can not even hear a thing coming from town. The only regular traffic (since I live at a dead end) is animal, bear, turkey, fox, deer, etc. Some 2 legged that are heading up the trail.

This weather sure is not condusive to camping. Brrrrrr. I noted when I drove out to Elkmont yesterday that there were hardly souls with stacks of firewood, sure going to need that. But next week will be hot!
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:43pm
I carefully took my hanging storage unit and carried it out to the dumpster were it seems to be very happy. While it seemed like a good idea it just doesn't work for me. If anyone wants mine I'll be happy to rescue it from the dumpster and send it to you collect.   
Clark
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:13pm
You are funnyLOL
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Hodge-PODge

Except it really doesn't work.  Excuse me for quoting myself but I thought I should "retract" my last post.  The shelves are cardboard and they just buckle if you put anything but light clothing on them.  Mine's out of there now.  It's pretty useless.  So now my opinion is . . . Thumbs Down

We've used it several times now and find it to work fine even with jeans in it.  I get a "shelf", Louis gets another, and we put in towels and other stuff in the other shelfs.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:27pm
Well, I was trying to use mine for some kitchen storage of light things like paper plates, cups, chips, etc., but I just didn't like the way the shelves buckled when using it for a "pantry."  I agree it's okay for light clothing or towels.
2011 Mercedes ML350

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>