FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAwning, Bathroom, & TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awning, Bathroom, & TV
    Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 6:31pm
Good stuff...you've been busy!  I have that exact clock in my bathroom at home.  I can tell by the icon, in the upper right corner,  that it is checking the WWV (in Boulder, CO) to calibrate itself.
misplacedtexan View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 12:32pm
Hi. What size screw did you use to put these on the wall? Also where did you get them? We looked at Wal Mart but didn't see any that looked like they would work.
Misplacedtexan
2010 171
SP-PH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 10:14am
You can ask ozkamper at campers flea market site about all the mods he put in the pod. He has his email listed also. They are very nice indeed and works.

edit - removed javascript at bottom of post, not sure why that keeps showing up on posts - techntrek
SP-PH
sylviablue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 7:51pm
We just put toilet paper in one of the web pockets.  No prob.
four peas
peachpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 10:07am
DH and I moved the plastic hanging storage container out of the bathroom, and we lay it sideways on our bed (we keep our dinette made into a permanent bed).  At night, we simply move it to the couch.  It's not a perfect storage solution, but it works well for us.  It's better than no storage.  We keep our clothes in it. 

As for the toilet paper, we bought  a metal toilet paper stand that is basically a spiral stick - very lightweight and holds 4 rolls - got it at TJ Maxx for $4.99.  We keep it in the corner of the bathroom and just remove it when we take a shower, to avoid the possibility of it getting damp/wet.
Beth and Joe
2011 Prime Time Tracer 195M
2010 Toyota Tacoma
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 1:40pm
The "hanging closet" is an effort to pass off something to use as a clothes closetLOL What a hoot.
Bathroom small enough without that thing hanging in the way. AND if full I would not able to move it out of the way each time.
So, I hang it in one of my closets in the house and use as storage.
I use laundry basket (as suggest by this forum) under the bed for clean, one for dirty. If the husband goes along he gets one for himself.
I took the rod out because it kept getting in the way of the shower curtain being pulled around.
Still having good luck with the corner shelves suggested.
How to correl my toilet brush and cleaners behind the toilet when traveling, haven't worked that one out. Not really a big deal I guess.
I am pretty proud of myself for doing the chock to chock alone and doing it right. I think I am hearing a bit of confidence hereStar
Learned how to fire up the heater since we had some mid 30 degree mornings and does not take long to get the place cosy. Does still awaken me at night when it comes on so I try to keep it way down.

Downside is watching the gas gage go DOWN , even with very moderate driving. Never have I watched and seen the gage MOVE like that.
And not being use to pulling something, I had upper back fatigue from the tension. Sure will not be able to get far very fast if I have to stop every 100 miles and walk aroundOuch

'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 8:21pm
  We started out with all the towels in the "hanging closet" but by day 4 got real tired of moving it from the bed at night to one side of the dinet in the day. The towels went in a tote under the bed and the "hanging closet" got folded up and is in the van. Mama Goose has found that she loves the bar in the bath to hang her shirts so they don't wrinkle. Where we are staying they have very a nice shower house so we have not used the shower yet. I can see that if the shower were to be used taking the bar up and down would be a pain. Mama is already planning for next year and has decided that she can get by on less...I told her that from the beginning.    Tongue
                                                                                                       Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Runebane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by mountain mist

Downside is watching the gas gage go DOWN , even with very moderate driving. Never have I watched and seen the gage MOVE like that.

'79 GMC Jimmy in a Blizzard in Denver, CO.  After work, taking people (5 extra if I recall) home because I was the only one with 4 wheel drive, 28 Gal tank, half gone in 45 minutes.  That's the fastest I've ever seen gas go LOL

PS everyone chipped in to fill the tank Star
RP-177
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:06am
[QUOTE=mountain mist] 
I am pretty proud of myself for doing the chock to chock alone and doing it right. I think I am hearing a bit of confidence hereStar
Learned how to fire up the heater since we had some mid 30 degree mornings and does not take long to get the place cosy. Does still awaken me at night when it comes on so I try to keep it way down.

Bravo, going chock to chock!  It gets "routine" after a time or two.  Gas milage...well, what can I say other than it's terrible and we're all in the same boat.  Headed down your way in a matter of days (Smoky's - Elkmont).  I'll honk as I go thru Gatlinburg! Smile

mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 9:43am
If you don't mind telling, when will you be a Elkmont?
Reason: I have only seen one other Pod since I have had mine and would like to come over and meet another Podder, if I am here at the time.  Always need to pick up pointers from other campers with our units. I camp in Elkmont quite a lot since it is my backdoor. Have used tent for many years there before my Pod.
Hope you are bringing your wonderful dog.
Escape Pod
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>