R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSpring Mods #1 - Door Window

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
McCall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring Mods #1 - Door Window
    Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 1:16pm

We picked up our 2017 R-Pod last August, and spent quite a bit of time with it before the snow and cold forced it into storage for ski season.  Now, chomping at the bit to do some mods I brought her home for the tinkering.  (But a bit annoyed how FR did all the things I wanted a few months later in the 2017 1/2)

Mod 1 - Install a window in the door.  I choose the port hole because a slider really made no sense with the screen door in the way, and I can always just crack the door for a little ventilation.    And more importantly, it’s kind of cute.

I took the door off and brought it into the man-cave were it was warm, and not raining.  Panic levels increased at the thought of cutting a hole in the door.  So after an hour of measuring, I had the layout, and was ready to cut.  I was installing a window I got from Amazon that instructed to cut a 12” hole, but clearly it was going to need a 12 1/4” hole.

Seriously, its actually really easy to install, just scary.  I used bar clamps to hold the siliconed front panel in place while I flipped the door and screwed in the back plate, so I didn't need any help with that.  Next, a bigger/better sewer hose holder.

This is really nice being able to see out before opening the door, as there could be a skunk or a bear out there!  I can’t believe FR waited until 2017 1/2 to add a window.

Gary E
McCall, Idaho
2017 RP179

https://www.instagram.com/erttergary/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12