R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > General non-pod discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGeo Pro an R-Pod alternative?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geo Pro an R-Pod alternative?
    Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:53am
Hello.

Has anybody considered the new Rockwood Geo Pro as an alternative to the R-Pod?

http://www.forestriverinc.com/travel-trailers/rockwood-geo-pro

Specifically I am comparing an R-Pod 180 to a Geo Pro G19FD.

The Geo Pro is a little heavier, but the Murphy bed seems like a great idea.

edit:  made the link clickable - techntrek
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:37am
It is nice to see something that is not a clone of the R-Pod. The Geo Pro 19FD has some interesting features. the 17RK is the equivalent of the 179 but with some really interesting changes that I like. The downside is still the crawl-over bed. The width of the murphy bed is full-size, not queen-size bed in the 19FD at 54x72 inch, it is a bit short if one of the people sleeping on it is tall. What I don't see is if the murphy bed is an option or whether it is standard for that model. The picture looks like it can have either a bed or the murphy bed, but I don't see anything in print to support that.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
jason330i View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:09am
Originally posted by StephenH

It is nice to see something that is not a clone of the R-Pod. The Geo Pro 19FD has some interesting features. the 17RK is the equivalent of the 179 but with some really interesting changes that I like. The downside is still the crawl-over bed. The width of the murphy bed is full-size, not queen-size bed in the 19FD at 54x72 inch, it is a bit short if one of the people sleeping on it is tall. What I don't see is if the murphy bed is an option or whether it is standard for that model. The picture looks like it can have either a bed or the murphy bed, but I don't see anything in print to support that.

I do believe the murphy bed is standard on the 19FD.

Had a chance to see one in person at a recent RV show and came away impressed.
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:56pm
I saw a couple at Countrywide Campers in East Montpelier, VT. The are pretty nice. Still like our pod more!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
backin15 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:39pm
We looked at one, it is an interesting option but heavier and more expensive. It had some nice overhead storage, but overall we liked the 'pod more.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 9:56am
I like the smaller options for those that are considering old-style teardrops, and the dry bath in the 19 foot models (dry baths tend to appear in the 19 footers in many model lines).
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
racezx9 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:24pm
I was just about to pull the trigger on the RPOD 190 after 2 years of research, literally in negotiation and I found the Geo Pro 19FBS.  The primary reason was because of 3 burner stove with oven, dual propane tank and dual battery, the slide out couch, outside grill, power awning and especially the off road package and full solar hook up for boon docking. it is a couple fo hundred pounds heavier but, I really wanted the offroad package and the Solar set up. Downside is there are not many out there and the RPOD has the largest owner community which would have been great resource for support and information.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by racezx9

I was just about to pull the trigger on the RPOD 190 after 2 years of research, literally in negotiation and I found the Geo Pro 19FBS.  The primary reason was because of 3 burner stove with oven, dual propane tank and dual battery, the slide out couch, outside grill, power awning and especially the off road package and full solar hook up for boon docking. it is a couple fo hundred pounds heavier but, I really wanted the offroad package and the Solar set up. Downside is there are not many out there and the RPOD has the largest owner community which would have been great resource for support and information.

You might look at the No Boundaries by FR.. built in the same plant as the Pod.. I suspect it will have a strong community in the future.
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by racezx9

You need to get what you want.  It looks like a good rig.  The only thing I see that resembles an off road package is mud tires.  I doubt it is much good really off road.  RPods aren't either.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
RichF View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 8:06pm

The Rockwood Geo looks like a very nice camper, I like the white interior. All campers have compromises. The Rockwood Geo is 11” wider than the R-pod which gives more room and different floorplan options but may be harder to see around. It is challenging to get into camping, we have preconceived idea on what will work for us but really don’t know until we get into it. 

R-pod 190
Honda Ridgeline 2017 AWD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>