R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How do you screw stuff into the walls?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dgbinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you screw stuff into the walls?
    Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 2:47pm
I used 1x2 strips of wood that I glued to the interior. In some cases, I reinforced the strips with screws into studs (if they were there) for heavier items. In one case, I glued and screwed a 1x2 that runs the vertical length from the bed to the celling on the corner of the bathroom and it holds a larger TV on a swivel mount. We remove the TV from the mount when in transit. I removed the TV and DVD player from beneath the little cabinet...got tired of bumping my head.  Will send pictures at some point, trailer is in storage.

Did the same in the kitchen, two inverted "U" shapes with 1x2 to support paper towel holder and a fold up shelf for dishes. 
laureyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laureyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 6:07pm
Gorilla glue? Clamps?
Laurey, Bella and Bogie
2016 182g Rpod
2016 Toyota Highlander
"Peace in a Pod"
dgbinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dgbinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:10am
it was gorilla glue, but no way to really clamp so I used braces across the trailer.
laureyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laureyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 6:40pm
Thanks!
Laurey, Bella and Bogie
2016 182g Rpod
2016 Toyota Highlander
"Peace in a Pod"
henryv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote henryv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 6:43am
I don't want to drill any holes. In case I might want to sell the thing down the road. Try the velcro with sticky..get it at LOWES.
henryv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote henryv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:33pm
Call me crazy but I ain't drilling no holes in my beautiful new walls! If anything I'll use sticky velcro. And no art. Even though I'm an artist. Being a minimalist, I think the interior is a work of art itself.
henryv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote henryv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:25am
Don't believe I'll be screwing ANYTHING into my beautiful new walls. Not even art..and I'm an artist. I think the interior itself is a work of art. If anything, I'll use velcro (with sticky on one side). Just my humble opinion, but I like the minimalist look. (Sorry for the redundancy!)
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by henryv

Don't believe I'll be screwing ANYTHING into my beautiful new walls. Not even art..and I'm an artist. I think the interior itself is a work of art. If anything, I'll use velcro (with sticky on one side). Just my humble opinion, but I like the minimalist look. (Sorry for the redundancy!)

Good luck getting that Velcro off the wall without taking the finish with it.
rawest50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rawest50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:56am
Lots of good info given. Makes me feel better about mounting something light to the walls.

Thanks
2017.5 RPod 179
2017 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Off Road Crew Cab
2 Weiner dogs
Great wife puts up with my BS
❤️ Thoroughbred Racing.
Jess_n_WA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jess_n_WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:10pm
Just wanted to add that one can find the hollow wall screws and anchors here:

https://www.boltdepot.com/Hollow_wall_anchors_Zinc_plated_steel.aspx

I figure I should share this link with others.  About me: an owner of a 2018 Rpod 176, Hood River edition.  Thank you!
Newbie, looking to learn more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>