Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed3 dealers in Tennessee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 dealers in Tennessee
    Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:39am
So in my quest for an R Pod (ill be picking up tomorrow).  I narrowed it down to 3 dealers.  I was looking for the whole package in a dealer.  Good customer service, dealership, service etc.  from the several dealers that I was researching, I narrowed it to 3.

Here goes...

Chilhowee RV in Alcoa.  Sucked!!! great facilities, great communication however, the sales man Ron quoted my wife and I a price.  When I was ready to go for it, he changed the price by $1600 MORE!!! No way, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.  So I respectfully declined and moved on.

It came down to Camper World in Chattanooga and A and L RV in Johnson City, TN.  The sales guy in Chattanooga, seemed very shady and also pushy.  I don't like that.  Trust me, they had great facilities and all.  The communication was good, but the sales man was very cocky, arrogant and pushy.  One of those used car salesmen types.

A and L RV not only matched Camper world's price, but beat them because they don't have all those shady fees like Camper World had.  The communication has been awesome, customer service spectacular, and the dealership is phenominal. 

Needless to say, we went with A and L.  Crystal has been great.  Phillip has been awesome and I will absolutely work with them in the future if needed. 

So the best R-Pod dealer east of Nashville in my opinion is A and L.  They're great! like mentioned before, I'll pick mine up tomorrow morning at 9!
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:46am
Congrats!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 11:27am
Always good to do your homework.  We had a similar situation when we purchased our 177 back in 2011.  Had a dealer only 1 hr drive from our place, but had issues like you encountered plus they wouldn't return our calls.  Ended up driving 4 hours to the UP of Michigan to get our pod.  These people were like A & L that you are going with.  Great people and willing to work with you.  Enjoy your new "toy."
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
volfan51128 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by jato

Always good to do your homework.  We had a similar situation when we purchased our 177 back in 2011.  Had a dealer only 1 hr drive from our place, but had issues like you encountered plus they wouldn't return our calls.  Ended up driving 4 hours to the UP of Michigan to get our pod.  These people were like A & L that you are going with.  Great people and willing to work with you.  Enjoy your new "toy."

Yeah, the dealer at Chilhowee was the closest, but we didn't use them.  We were willing to leave state if needed, but A and L was the best.  Luckily for us, they are only 1.5 hours from us.  I feel in the end, we went with the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply