Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPicking up our 178 as soon as snow melts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picking up our 178 as soon as snow melts
    Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 12:18pm
In anticipation of my retirement I have bought a new 178.  Unfortunately there is still to much snow in the driveway, I am hoping this issue resolves itself in a couple of weeks.

This is a great forum, thanks to all that make it happen.  It has been very useful.  The dealer that sold me the 178 mentioned that R Pod owners belong to a cult.  Not sure that is true, but I am happy to join.

My first adventure is an adventure to Ashland, Oregon to attend a bicycle mechanics class.  Seems like a good idea to have a marketable skill after 38 years of being an engineer.

Don
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 1:27pm
Cult??? naaaaa. ummmm btw can we have all your possessions, oh, and enjoy some free kool-aid. lol welcome to the gang, many of us feel your angst , as we await the spring. Soon it will come.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 2:58pm
Welcome to the group!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 8:36pm
Don, Don, Don, cult?  What are you waiting for, your weather can't be any worse than what we have in northern Michigan.  We special ordered our 177 in January 2011.  By the 1st of March it was in and even though we had to drive 4 hours through snow storms in the UP of Michigan to get to Escanaba, it was well worth it, we were so excited.  Driving home was 4 more hours of mucho snow and very windy conditions, a bit scary crossing the 5 mile long Mackinac Bridge as we went from the UP to lower peninsula of Michigan.  Enjoy your new toy! 
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
JET View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 8:47am
Don
Welcome to the group. I read your post and had to smile. I just retired and bought a new 178 for retirement. I love the floor plan! My FIRST adventure in the 178 was in Ashland last Saturday night. And I live in Ashland full time:) My wife and I wanted to get our 178 out for at least a night to try things out and to experience sleeping in it. We drove 5 miles from our house to the RV campground at Emigrant Lake. I would  recommend the Emigrant Lake campground if you want to stay in Ashland. It is a couple of miles out of town. lt is operated by Jackson county and is very nice with great spots overlooking the lake. It has full hook-ups, very nice bathrooms and showers. We had the soothing sound of Canadian Geese honking much of the time as they also made Emigrant their spot.  There are two RV campgrounds near Emigrant Lake. Glenyan RV park is immediately before the road you turn on to get to Emigrant Lake. Emigrant Lake RV park, which is run by Jackson County, and the one I would recommend is actually on the lake itself. Glenyan RV park is in the trees, has long term residents, and might not be as desirable to some RVers. Maybe check both of them out, but I personally MUCH prefer the setting at the lake and how well the park is maintained by the county. No wi-fi, but that is about the only thing lacking. $30 a night for full hook-ups.  Also, they are open year round.

I am a avid bike rider (sounds like you must be also). I am still trying to decide the best way to bring along two bikes on my R-Pod trips (I am considering a couple of bike rack scenarios) . You must be attending a class or classes at United Bike Institute in Ashland. Excellent organization. There are a lot biking in this area. Especially mountain biking but you better be used to hills. 

If you bring a bike maybe we can do a ride together :)

John
Dfershouse View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 4:33pm
Jet, nice reply.  Made my day.  Yes I am attending the United Bike Institute.   Got another 3 inches of snow today.  Also thanks for the recommendations on  the RV parks.

Post Reply Post Reply