R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed20 LB LP tank Cylinder with Built-in Gauge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JandL View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20 LB LP tank Cylinder with Built-in Gauge
    Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 9:30am
On my tank when the pointer is on the mark between the yellow and red areas there is still 1.2 gallons propane in the tank.
JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 9:21pm
I don't trust the guages. When I got two of the tanks, I thought that when it reached the red, it was empty or very close to empty. It turns out that the red just means that the tank is low. I have gotten an additional two to three days of use out of tanks that were "empty" according to the gauge. I would rather have saved the extra money I spent for the guages on propane as I still need to use another method (hot water being my preferred method) to know the level of gas in the tank.

I also don't trust photo sharing sites. I guess I won't be posting any more photos unless I can figure out how to host my own photos.

StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
JandL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:26pm
The 20 pound tanks hold 4.7 gallons of propane; they are not filled beyond 80% to allow for gas expansion as the tank gets hot so that’s why it’s not a full 5 gallons. All tanks come with an Over Fill Protection device which is part of the float assembly, the float is also used to drive the gauge. It works well enough for my needs. It takes 2 gallons of propane to fill the tank when the pointer is between the green and yellow marks and 3.5 gallons to fill at the yellow and red mark
From the Propane Tank Store
The propane tank gauge is driven by a shaft inside the tank with a magnetic tip that resides just under the gauge. As the inside float moves with the liquid volume, the shaft turns, thereby magnetically turning the dial needle inside the external gauge you see.

I have pictures to add to this post but with the New Server I cannot download directly from my computer. I was told you now you have to download your photos to an online photo site and then insert that link of the photo to the image dialog box. I am not a fan of any of the third party photo sharing sites.
JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12