R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGorilla Tape

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gorilla Tape
    Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 10:11pm

A roll of Gorilla Tape is going to be a part of my RV repair kit. It’s hard to beat for many temporary or emergency fixes.

But when you are depending on an emergency fix to get you down the road to the nearest RV repair shop, you don’t want to rely on a cheap bargain bin tape. It really is worth spending a little more for good tape.

With that principle in mind I spent a little more than I usually do to buy a roll of Gorilla Tape.

The Gorilla Glue web site says Gorilla Tape is in a league all its own.

Gorilla Tape is a breakthrough – that’s why Popular Science put it on their “Best of What’s New, 2006” list. Here’s what they said: “Oh what MacGyver could have done with Gorilla Tape in place of his beloved gray stuff.”
Duct tape is made for smooth, even, predictable surfaces. How many of your projects can be described that way? That’s why we invented Gorilla Tape. Made to stick to rough, uneven, unforgiving surfaces like wood, stone, stucco, plaster, brick and more.

• DOUBLE THICK ADHESIVE – fills up the gaps in rough, uneven surfaces for super strong bite.
  • STRONG REINFORCED BACKING – the tight weave makes Gorilla Tape extra strong, but you can still rip it straight and easy.
  • TOUGH ALL-WEATHER SHELL – for the toughest jobs in the toughest conditions.
yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:21pm
That's good information.  One more thing to add to our list.  Anything else you put on your list?

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Burt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 9:52am
Hi!

Yes, Gorilla tape is good stuff and it is stronger than regular duct tape.

There is another tape also that I can highly recommend.  It's called EXTREME TAPE.  It sticks to itself under tension, is electrically sound and will fix any leaks as well.

It's available on the internet or at Duluth trading.

We live in a rural area and I have used this tape to fix irrigation, and as electrical tape.  It comes in a smaller, lighter roll than the Gorilla tape.

Burt
 Post Reply Post Reply