R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedservo motors for RP-179 slider

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ronahue View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: servo motors for RP-179 slider
    Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:47pm
Sorry that's the wrong video try this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqbvwCJpNU
Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:43pm
This is a link to the video on how to disconnect the drives for manual operations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqbvwCJpNU
Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:39pm

This is a copy of the manual for trouble shooting. Their is also a video on you tube that describes how to realign the drives when they get out of sync. I can't find it right now if I do I will upload a link. The manual has a number for tech support and they should be able to help.

Good Luck

uploads/4087/Schwintek_Manual_Override_Instructions.pdf
Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

RoadToad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 12:28pm
        When we recently left Alaska there was a lot of snow & ice on our slider which we had extended out(don't recommend this now that we have had trouble). We cleaned it all off with hot water & a broom- but apparently not good enough because when we slid the slider back in we heard some loud gear popping on the tracks and the forward servo(s) stayed 2"out from the sealing/molding strip when the slider stopped moving.  We drove 2500 mi with it like that (fortunately too cold for rain!) til in Montana it finally got to the +40's*F and melted all the ice- then we ran the servos again and it closed just fine.
      I am finding it hard to find info on these servos and how to re-aligne them if they get out of sink.           Several old posts have links that are no longer accessible on servicing these motors.  I'm not even sure if the RP-179 has two servos, or four.  I found one factory vid where the tech said never stop & start them partially- always run them full in or out and wait while holding the switch on for a couple seconds after it reaches full in or full out.  Any info on these procedures- and lubricating them would be appreciated.
2015 RP179
 Post Reply Post Reply