R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTexman 182g Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 33>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texman 182g Mods
    Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 5:03pm
take 'em off every chance i get!Tongue

TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
SC for Huskers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:20am
Guys, got a question. First I have my pants on, (YOUR KILLING ME LOL), I was told by Forest River If I modify my 172, I would void the warranty. I want to put up a clothes hanger rod above the table, and a 6" x 6" square PVC pipe for an extra Black water hose. I also want to try putting in a drawer under the front bunk, and under the bench at the table. I have a hard time getting the cushions up and out of the way to get to the little storage area. I was going to put a Formica backsplash behind the sink and stove that would allow suction cup hangers, and one in the shower for shaving mirror, and razor. I'm afraid to put up a paper towel holder. Also checked into the WIFI Ranger, and want to run the cable down the air conditioner. Can that be done?
Thanks for any help.
Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:05am
To me, it depends on what you think the warranty is worth. I don't even remember what the FR warr is. I have a 2015 model so I'm sure I don't have any remaining warr. When the pod was brand new I didn't do any mods or very minor ones. Now that I have had it awhile , the mods are fun and make the pod even better. After the first year and no major appliance failures or frame and shell failures, I didn't even think about a voided warr. Now if it fails I fix it. But, I can do whatever I want to make it better. Hth

And you can take ur pants off and not void the warranty as well.
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:50am
This is the funniest thread I've ever heard. LOL. I paid for extra 1 year warrenty. Air/heat, refer, and plumbing I was worried about. In the 172 there is almost no accessible storage. I have gotten the front bunk ready for a slide out drawer, and beefed it up for my 245 LB body. Made a removable CPAP machine shelf over my head. I've purchased the Cig. lighter, usb charger, and a voltmeter to be installed when I can. I did add that second 12 volt battery, (two of the same from sears). When I talked to Forest R. she said use the 3m removable two side tape. That will be about imposable to use as a backsplash that I can us suction cups/Hooks on. But the neat one is the 6x6 pvc square pipe for extra drain pipe. I think what Ill do is put it on the rear bumper. I have set up a backup camera with a magnet to put on the spare tire rim. (only draw back is removing the tire cover to get to the center of the tire. I purchased a 8" Memory foam mattress for my back (3 operations) and it was a mistake. Going to try a 8" air mattress. If anyone needs a twin Memory, let me know. Later TexMan. OH, I will be going to KS in a month or two and maybe down to Texas with the Cushman Scooter Club of America.
Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:56am
i would do what you want to the pod and not worry about it.   If they deny warranty for your a/c because you put a shelf and a usb charger in, then they will probably deny it anyway. Ying YangBring your wdh and sway bars for texas and kansas travel for sure, especially the sway bars.   And if you look at the pants picture, hers were off too! Big smile
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:04am
these are not mods, real repairs for that stupid piece of trim under the fridgeThumbs Down, but really a bad design.  The rear kitchen problem i have is from leaking aerosol can of mosquito spray, i am convinced that it deformed that counter top and i know it ate a hole in the sink knob.  I may get some stick on backsplash for back there too.

Rear kitchen aluminum strip and silicone
crappy trim will stay there now i bet!
latch on the table closeup.
rear kitchen storage.  i have had this thing over two years and just started using it, it is great! 
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:09am
The next mod is an outdoor shower for the wife.  Hey, i wont complain at all.  The great thing about the 182g is that it comes with a quickconnect for the sink and a hose and spray head ready to go.  All i need is a curtain and a comfortable mat.  i am thinking of using some leftover redwood to make a mat and attach a curtain to the kitchen fiberglass door.  Should make a nice shower for two. Evil Smile
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 10:39am
Love the outdoor shower idea.and quick question for you.On our travels ( just passed through Amarillo) I tried to turn on the furnace last night and the a/c Fan runs the whole time I'm heating,never happened before. Any thoughts?
Rgds john
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 10:40am
I have anti sway, and don't go over 60. Don't have weight equalizer. here is a pic of what I have. Do I have to get a new ball and receiver?

https://mrtruck.com/img/hitch2_small1.gif
Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 10:45am
Originally posted by voisj

Love the outdoor shower idea.and quick question for you.On our travels ( just passed through Amarillo) I tried to turn on the furnace last night and the a/c can runs the whole time I'm heating,never happened before. Any thoughts?
Rgds john

Never happened to me, yet.  Seems like i read somewhere the thermostat has to be set on AUX, but not sure.  My furnace is only used boondocking so far, so the a/c cant run.  I know i saw a post here about that a/c fan and the furnace.
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 33>