Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew R-pod full-timer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New R-pod full-timer!
    Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 9:11am
Originally posted by TehachapiJanet

I currently have a T@G and initially was going to get a T@B but now am looking at the 171.  Do you have any advice or warnings?  I travel by myself with my two dogs. 

Thanks for any help,  Janet

Since you are already in that "group".. LOL

Have you looked at the T@B 400? Interesting alternative.. I think the wet bath is a bit better executed.
Chris and Sarah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 10:04am
can you even get the 400 in the US?
TehachapiJanet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 12:01pm
Thank you very much, that is the type of information I was looking for.  I am leaning towards the 171.  I am not seeing a lot of horror stories here on poor quality of Rpods.  There seem to be many repeat buyers.  I am concerned about reliability since I will be traveling by myself (with the dogs).

Thanks again,

Janet with Foxy and Rudy
Janet
Tehachapi
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Chris and Sarah

can you even get the 400 in the US?

Production starts in early 2017.. They debuted a pre-production model in Louisville last month at the RVIA show.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 12:23pm
I don't think the T@B 400's are available here (from internet searches) and the price tag will probably be prohibitive.  I want something with more room than my T@G, inside galley and bathroom, and the ability to boondock.

I need something I can count on.  The quality of the cabinets is not such a concern, it is the reliability of the unit as a whole.  There are so many Rpods on the road, I can't believe there are major issues with reliability.  There has to be a balance between "quality" and price.

Thanks for your help.

PS:  Is that "group" the Little Guy group? Smile  I'm not snooty and I think I want to be an Rpod owner, I'm just a little afraid of change.

Thanks again,  Janet
Janet
Tehachapi

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 12:26pm
The information on the 400 didn't appear until after my post.  Thanks for the info.
Janet
Tehachapi
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 12:32pm

Thank you very much, that is the type of information I was looking for.  I am leaning towards the 171.  I am not seeing a lot of horror stories here on poor quality of Rpods.  There seem to be many repeat buyers.  I am concerned about reliability since I will be traveling by myself (with the dogs).

Thanks again,

Janet with Foxy and Rudy

In general, Pods are average I would say, in reliability. As with anything, how the owner treats it and cares for it will have an affect.. 171 is a good floor plan. If possible, you should try to go back to back between a 171 and a 177.. the extra bit of room the slide out gives is very noticeable.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 12:35pm

I don't think the T@B 400's are available here (from internet searches) and the price tag will probably be prohibitive.  I want something with more room than my T@G, inside galley and bathroom, and the ability to boondock.

I need something I can count on.  The quality of the cabinets is not such a concern, it is the reliability of the unit as a whole.  There are so many Rpods on the road, I can't believe there are major issues with reliability.  There has to be a balance between "quality" and price.

Thanks for your help.

PS:  Is that "group" the Little Guy group? Smile  I'm not snooty and I think I want to be an Rpod owner, I'm just a little afraid of change.

Thanks again,  Janet

Didn't mean snooty.. just that you, and Chris and Sarah have "history" with the brand/style. (couple discussions going on here at once.. )

We would love to have a LG or T@B, but with nearly 200 pounds of dog with us.. and possibly more in the future, (when our Maggie passes, I want a Leonberger) and hoping to go "mostly full time".. just to small. ;) We just bit the bullet to go a bit bigger..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 1:35pm
You do have a lot of dog.  I have a Chihuahua/terrier and a Border Collie, just lost my Golden Retriever.  First time in 38 years that I haven't had a Golden.

Thanks,

Janet
Janet
Tehachapi
twday66 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 2:07pm
Thanks for the information. We've only been in our current house for a couple of years, so I don't have a neighbor I could dump that mail trash pile responsibility on. LOL We'll have to think about that problem for a while. Cutting loose of the house, state and national politics, and the rest of the useless pile of responsibilities and tribulations sounds pretty good at the moment and has for a while. Minnesota winter finally hit us last week and that always inspires "getting the hell out" emotions too. I assume things like voting are no longer an issue when you aren't really a resident? After 50 years of never missing an election, local or national, this year has made me rethink that policy, too. 
2014 R-POD 179
Nissan Frontier SE Supercab 4L 6-cyl, manual transmission
Yamaha WR250X & Suzuki V-Strom
Kayaks, canoes, bicycles, guitars, and a mobile recording rig all have to fit somewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>