R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR pod Sewer connections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R pod Sewer connections
    Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 1:49pm
No doubt this has been covered but I need to buy a decent sewer hose to replace the black short one that came in my pod and with zero connections?
I've looked at a few online like various Camco's and some here too.
I prefer to use as long a hose as will fit in stock pod front tube & not do the plastic fence post redo.
 I have read that a 10' hose with connections fits in stock storage.
Questions: >which brand of connections fits inside stock front tube?
                 >longest hose that fits in there with connections?
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 3:50pm
Best to bite the bullet and replace the short OEM tube with a SuperSlider from DWI: 

http://dwincorp.com/products/125/NEW-SUPER-SLIDER-Adjustable-SUPER-TUBE

Then get the 15 foot RhinoFlex hose kit which includes all connectors.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 5:00pm
Agree with Charlie on the RhinoFlex.  Excellent hose.  We went with a 10' Rhino years ago, still works well for us, never really saw a need for a longer one.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:03pm
I have some different hoses. While the Rhino Flex is nice, it is hard for me to twist on and off as it does not have much to grab. OTOH, I have some Camco hoses that have larger tabs around the fittings which make it easier for me to hold and get leverage to twist them on or off. Arthritis is making this type of activity more difficult, so anything that makes it easier is a plus for me. While I like the Camco fittings, I do like the Rhino Hose much better. If only it weren't so difficult to use. Unhappy
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Kantuckid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 8:24am
I bought a 15' Camco Rhino flex hose kit on Walmart.com for $21 and did in-store pickup/no shipping fees while doing our regular shopping trip yesterday. Camco has a great customer service phone lady in NC where they're made, that can tell you exactly to the inch how they compress, what fits what, etc.. The 15' is designed to compress to 45", 10' to 32", etc..
I'll probably put my connections in a snap top plastic container to keep the cooties locked up.
I fail to understand whats hard to grab on the orange fittings that come on these hoses?
 Camco IS! who makes the  Rhinoflex hose. Just to clarify, not argue.
 They do make several hose choices which are a couple of colors and hard to tell which is better based on looking at several when I was in Walmart.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:55am
The gray hoses with the yellow connections are the ones that have the larger tabs. The black one with the red fittings is the one that is hard for me to get a grip on. The gray one seems more cheaply made, with sharp wires sticking out at the fittings. The black one is rigid and when collapsed, stays that way. It also does not have sharp wires poking out.

It could also be that there has been a change in the Rhino Flex ends since I purchased mine to make the tabs larger and easier to grab. I just know that some of the hoses I have don't have much to get a grip on.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mooremg1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:14pm
I second CharlieM's suggestion of the Rhinoflex hose and D&W Super Slider.  I was using a Sterilite plastic storage container to store the Rhinoflex hose and fittings but it was always a bit of a wrestling match to get everything to go back in so that the lid would snap on and stay on and I was never that crazy about storing the hose in the storage compartment.  The Super Slider has room for both the hose and all the fittings and was easy to install.  I also like the Rhinoflex hose but agree with StephenH that making the tabs on the fittings larger would make much it easier to get it on and off.  I also recommend getting the Rhino 45 degree clear elbow which really helps you to see what's going on when you're cleaning the waste tanks. 

Sue and Mike

2022 Grand Design 23LDE
2017 Ford Expedition Platinum
2017 r-pod 179 (for sale)
2018 Chevrolet Traverse LT (sold)
 Post Reply Post Reply