R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBack to the Factory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to the Factory
    Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:15am
Our Rpod has to go back to the factory for warranty repairs.  We have a 2016 182G made around may or June of 2015. It sat on the sales lot in Columbia sc for a year before we bought it in July of this year and during the first week found out it had what seemed like a minor garage leak. Camping world of Myrtle Beach agreed to do the warranty work and we could still use the pod while waiting for parts to come in.  After sitting at camping world for weeks at a time since September, Forest River told them to cease work on our pod because they are going to come get it and take it to the factory for repairs. Apparently, a whole sidewall has to be replaced and pods made around the same time as ours seem to have this issue.  I understand that things like this happen and Jessica in the warranty department seems to be easy to work with. But, the part that sucks is there is no guarantee on the time to fix it. The form that you sign to agree to repairs says 30 days, but  my first conversation with FR warranty, I was told 60 days. That seems reasonable. But now we are being told that that they probably can't do it it in 60 days.  Which really sucks because we planned our winter around our Florida trip in January. Which is about 75 days away, if they could even pick it up next week. It also sucks that we would have to cancel out November trips because fall has just arrived on the SC coast and oct./ nov is perfect camping weather here.  So Jessica said they would just make arrangements to pick it up after our Florida trip at the begging of Feb.  But who knows if they will be more or less backed up then. I can defineitely live without a pod in feb, and can handle missing march, but losing April will suck too. Again, I understand these things happen and I'm grateful that forest river is going to go the distance to fix this. I just wish they could turn it around quicker.  Can anyone share their experience with their pod going back to the factory, or direct me to a post that deals with someone's experience. Positive experience would be a plus. Thanks
Tim and Melina
2016 182G
2015 GMC Canyon crew cab 4x4 SLT = main Tv
2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid-TV
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:21pm
Is there a possibility of FR comping you with a loaner, may be a different model, but nevertheless you wouldn't be out of your camping experiences during the time yours is in for an extended repair.  Either your dealer should go to bat for you or FR should help you out by doing a loaner.  Have heard of locations where you can rent TT's and some have r-pods.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Beachguysc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 1:49pm
I already asked the dealer where we purchased, johns rv in Lexington sc, and they said no to letting us borrow one if the need came up. The service manager was really nice and tried to see if forest river would allow them to fix it, but FR wants to repair it themselves.  I hadn't thought to ask Forest River for a loaner,  but I will do that next time I talk to them. I don't expect them to agree to that, but it never hurts to ask.  
Tim and Melina
2016 182G
2015 GMC Canyon crew cab 4x4 SLT = main Tv
2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid-TV
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 3:55pm
Did a google search under 'rpod rentals' and while the majority of the businesses are west of the Mississippi, there are some in your neck of the woods.  There is one located in Marietta, GA.  Sure there must be others that FR could contact and pay while yours is in for repairs.  This is warranty work, they should work with you.  They are a good company IMHO and this would be a feather in their hat to hand you a loaner in this case
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply