Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRPOD 180 Addtions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPOD 180 Addtions
    Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:56pm
We purchased an RPOD 180 4 months ago and absolutely love it...

Following is our list of recomendations..  Some of which we have already installed.  

A push pull battery disconnect installed inside the unit..  Saves on battery drain when not in use.  TV hooked up to the inverter. DC outlets.  TV sound hooked up to the speaker system.  A cabinet installed over the bed and above the windows.  Self leveling jacks.  Big smile    There needs to be something done to the jack on the trailer hitch.  If the trailer is parked on uneven ground the jack either does not go high enough or low enough.   A couple of the drawers could be deeper, which would make more space.  And a small fan installed in the bathroom to push moisture out.

J-Pod
Avalugg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 11:14pm
that's nice
Lear111 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 2:00pm
The best thing I did was install a battery disconnect switch on my new RPOD 180. I mounted it on the side of one of the battery boxes and used liquid electrical tape to protect the contacts. I prefer the outside switch because I have an electric jack and can immediately connect or disconnect the weight distribution hitch without going inside to turn on the battery.
Also a digital volt meter is a must to monitor voltage. Google "install voltmeter RV " and a you tube video shows how to do a temporary install at the distribution box. Took me 60 seconds and cost 10 dollars.
I used a simple simple MP3 player cable from the TV headphone jack to the Jensen stereo using auxiliary one and the TV sound comes over the RPOD speakers. I think there is a more complicated way as discussed on the forum but just suggesting easy fixes. I wish I could design my own RPOD or travel trailer for that matter a hotel room and bathroom. It seems to me the engineers have never stayed in either one.
Steve
Lexus GX460
R-pod 180 2017
1 black lab
racezx9 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 1:17pm
flipping the kitchen and the dinette from each other and get a bigger horse shoe shape dinette that converts to a queen bed would be awesome, it would be ideal then. Sonic has that floor plan.
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 4:10pm
J-Pod,

Not familiar with 180s. You don't have a vent fan in bathroom, or the bathroom doesn't have a vent? The TV on my 178 uses the Pod speaker system, just run TV into AUX on entertainment system, it has that right? Just curious.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
 Post Reply Post Reply