R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwhat devices are recognized by JE1914 LED TV? - Event Date: 07 Aug 2016 - 07 Aug 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: what devices are recognized by JE1914 LED TV?
    Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 2:58pm
Hi
We are Debbie and Larry and just picked up our new 2017 RPOD 179. At first glance, everything was fine, but we've had a few problems and haven't camped yet. We are newbies to trailer camping.

1.) My Laptop connects with the DVI connection, but I'm trying to connect an IPOD with the USB...has anyone done this? Or do you know which devices can be used with the USB?

some other problems:

2.) A couple of screws have fallen out of the window shades...the walls appear to be cardboard, so what is best way to secure them?

3.) I'm not sure how to drain the fresh water tank. The dealer filled the tank, but I want to replace the water with filtered water. Do I use the low-point H and C water drains or the plug under the trailer?

Thank you for any insight and we look forward to attending a rally or two.

Debbie

Mojave1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 5:31pm
The drain is just a cap which you unscrew at the bottom of the tank (under the trailer). I replaced mine with on of these: CAMCO RV Drain Valve 3/8" or 1/2" Male NPT

Hunter74 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 5:13pm
From what I remember on my 183g  the USB is strictly charging for the ipod or your phone, ebook etc.  In order to hook the ipod to the stereo you need a 3.5mm cable male on each end.  Plug one into the headphone jack on your ipod the other end in the aux plug on the stereo then put stereo to aux output. 
Hunter74 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 5:20pm
Just noticed it was for the TV and not the stereo. (stereo has a USB also)  I have never used my TV so not sure of the USB on it,  but the above is how i plug my ipod to listen through the speakers of the r-pod.  As for the TV, if you plug into it try hitting the source/output button on the remote to switch to USB setting.???

http://www.asaelectronics.com/downloads/dl/file/id/810/je1914_owners_manual.pdf

There is a link for the manual,  The USB on the TV only recognizes USB thumb drives with JPG pictures or MP3 filers for music.  Again the above method for plugging in your ipod to listen through the stereo.

Hope this helps.
uptowndebbie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 8:18pm
Thanks - the radio usb worked fine - I was just trying to play video on TV with IPOD...I'll try plugging in extra drive with mp4's and see if that works.
bjk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 11:42pm
I also found that the USB is for connectivity, not for charging.   It just doesn't supply the amperage necessary to charge an iPhone (let alone an iPad).
2016 HRE R-179 "CapPODccino"
2011 F-150 SLX
 Post Reply Post Reply