R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNot Picking Up Channels - Event Date: 22 Jul 2016 - 27 Jul 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Not Picking Up Channels
    Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 10:10pm
Does anyone else have problems picking up channels using their Antennae on the Jensen TV for a 2017 R-Pod? We have checked the booster, auto scanned, researched on tvfool.com. We know there are channels we should get, but we are not getting any pictures. Any ideas?

Nittybelle
2017 R-Pod "Snow Pea"
Toyota Tundra Crew Max
Utah
Nittbelle
Beachguysc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 7:45am
We are using our 182 only 10 miles away from home this weekend and only get 2 of the 4 local channels. I know they are available because our non-cable tv at home gets them. The odd thing is, we get channels from Charleston and Wilmington which are 50 to 60 miles away.
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 10:40am
When you've "checked the booster", did you get more channels with, than without? My setup only gets about 2 channels (in my driveway) when the booster is off, but over 40 when it's on. When traveling I've also noticed a significant difference. It's almost as if, without the booster, that the signal is impeded so you can get almost no channels.

If you're not noticing a difference with/without, then that might be the problem.
The 178 club
Oldgeezer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 1:22pm
I get 42 channels near where we camp with booster on, however they are approximately 10 channels aired 4 times each of the 42. 

ChetC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 9:41pm
When you're scanning for channels using the rooftop antenna, make sure you have the channel type set to "air".  
Former 2017 rPod 180 owner
Now in a 2019 Little Guy MAX
Full timer who logs more than 35,000 miles per year.
timpamt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 9:14pm
What is this 'booster' you are talking about?  I have 2017 r-pod 179 - do I have a "booster?"  If not - can I get one?
  I just got my cable working.  Or work-around anyway - using the satellite cable to hook up cable at campground, and switched tv hookup to the satellite connection too.  Even that didn't work until I removed the plate and tightened the connection.
  So I still have not succeeded in getting the legitimate "cable" to work.  There are some electronics behind the plate - must be something haywire with that.  Saving it for the dealer's attention next time in the shop!
  Working on getting tv to work on battery.  I have spent a while - at least 3 HOURS - looking through posts.  I have upgraded to two 6 volt golf cart batteries, so I'm planning to get an inverter - but lord have mercy so many to choose from, 300  to 400 watt pure sine wave $35 in one place, and another model more than $200 - both appear to do the same thing?  I'm tempted to spend more 'just because' I want it to work for as long as I own the pod - and because I don't know what I'm doing!  Might just wind up getting a 12v tv to keep it simple - might upgrade to a dvd blue ray too.  got some wireless headphones to watch tv when the ac is roaring.
  So anyway....  what is this booster again?  What am I missing?
Tim and Pam
2017 R-Pod 179 - "Little Bear"
2014 Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab
Beachguysc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 9:44pm
Timpamt, the booster is a small button On the wall plate where the cable comes out.  Turn it on when using antenna. Turn it off when using cable, or it interferes with your cable signal. The first time we hooked up cable, I thought it was broken. I spent money buying new cables, checking connections and even complaining to th campground that their cable did not work. Felt pretty silly when I learned all I had to do was press that little button.
And to update my previous post from last summer.... I got rid of our bat wing antenna and replaced it with the king air. I get some of the channels I could not get with the old antenna. I believe the new models come with the antenna I just installed. 
Tim and Melina
2016 182G
2015 GMC Canyon crew cab 4x4 SLT = main Tv
2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid-TV
timpamt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 5:13am
Thanks Tim and Melina - I'll check it out on our next trip!!

Little things like that make a big difference!
Tim and Pam
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:10am
Don't forget to turn the booster off when parking/storing your RV. It doesn't use a lot of juice, but it is constant. Just check the little red light next to the on/off button.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
timpamt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:26pm
Thank you.

We had a battery cutoff switch installed when we upgraded the battery setup to avoid trickle drains like that. Now.... I just have to remember to turn it to "off" when we park it in storage.

Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful comments!!
Tim and Pam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>