R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 77>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 8:54am
Creative. A-door-able. Big smile
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Susan_55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susan_55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 9:37am
Bahahahaha! LOL
2014 R-Pod 178 HRE
2015 Toyota Tacoma 4WD V6
on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula, Washington State
Brendanb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendanb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 7:12pm
Has anyone here replaced their water pump with one that will generate more water volume at the shower head. The stock pump will only create a trickle from it. The other fixtures are fine. Maybe something in the shower head ?
BB
2003 Yukon
R Pod 196
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 8:01pm
Have you considered replacing the shower head with an Oxygenics shower head? I think you would find it much better with the stock pump.

StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 8:02pm
Two areas to check: the most obvious is your shower head as there could be debris that has clogged the nozzles, the other is the screen that can unscrewed off the input side of the water pump.  That likely has debris or other items lodged in the screen.  Take it apart, flush, screw back in and see if the pressure improves at the shower head.

God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kup-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 6:44am
Hello BB, 
First of all, you're one of the few fellow "Ontario-ans" that I've see on this forum... welcome!
I had a similar problem about 2 years ago.  Suddenly, after using the RPod for a couple of years I had no water pressure in my "kitchen" hot water tap... the cold was fine, the showers were fine but just the hot water.  I disassembled the kitchen tap / hot water valve and found construction debris in the tap (some remnants of polyethylene film (probably from a bag) and a some plastic shavings (probably from the water tank fabrication)).
Once I removed the garbage from the valve I was back in business.
I would start with the shower head and back up from there.  For instance, if the water is flowing freely from the shower tap, then disassemble the shower portion.  if it's not flowing from the tap, then disasesmble the valves, etc, etc.
I hope this helps! 
Please let us know how you make out... posting the solutions helps the rest of us and it let's you celebrate the victory!:-)
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 7:01am
Correction to the above hints: The screen is on the intake side of the pump, not the output side. It protects the pump from debris.

StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
pearlhiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pearlhiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 6:49am
How do you get the bed to look so good?
I can't smooth it out like that.

Pearl
The Higgins' Girls,
Pearl, Zoey Marie & Riley Ann
2017 Rpod 179
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 1:07pm
Making the bed is an aerobics session in the 179. I get it the best I can and then put the quilt over it.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Kahonu37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kahonu37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 7:58am
Originally posted by boater

Hi , Boater here , we just completed installing the Forest River supplied 4 inch Lippert Axle raise kit on our 2018 178 . Unit has 15 inch tires and Lipppert torsion axle .  Just love the lift kit results  ,, good clearance , and do not feel we need new step unit. ( have single step) . Of course had to have the sway control / hitch system we use re done to facilitate the raised height . Also I will add 4 inches of blocks/ pads under the 4 trailer stabilizer jacks just so they do not go down so far .  After the initial kit  cost from Forest River , the  install was $250. re do sway bars $65 . Plan ahead however to find a dealer or service company to install the lift kit . Many are not familiar and will not do it . Took 2 weeks to get the kit from Forest River and they were extremely helpful . 
We not feel we are ready for National forest campgrounds , boondocking and any gully’s for surprises that come our way . 

Boater

I want to install risers on my 2018 179 and I have a few questions for you. 

Are the risers you ordered from FR. The same as the Lippert Risers? 
Did you order the risers directly or thru a Dealer? 
Did you install the risers or dealer installed? 
How long are they? 

Have you had any issues with them, since the install

Regards 
M
2018 179
2012 NISSAN XTERRA (retired 12/19)
2019 RAM 1500 WARLOCK (new)
A.R.E. V Series Topper
WDH Equalizer 600/6000
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 77>