R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 77>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ricktoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 5:46pm
Replaced the faucet and sink on our 2021 R-pod 196.  I originally replaced the faucet and ended up cracking the cheap plastic sink while doing the install. So I ordered a stainless steel sink the same size as the plastic one and installed with a pop-up drain. Be sure to get a drain that fits in place of the old one. This one is 1 1/4" which fits the sink opening and drain connection.
Rick and Ellen B
2019 Chevy Colorado
2021 Rpod 196
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kup-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 7:17pm
We just finished the first camping weekend of the season.  In Ontario, Canada we were in lockdown until Friday June 11th, so on Friday morning we were registering at Bon Echo Provincial Park.
I realized I haven't shared a number of new mods completed...
We replaced the shelves by the door - gained about 4" of depth and removed the TV which we never use
Gained lots of room for books and supplies that we need to grab quickly from the outside.  Still need to add key hooks (apparently)

2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kup-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 7:22pm
We also didnt love the small dinette table top, but understand that it needs to be this small in order to convert to a bed.
So, I made a tabletop that could slide on top of the current table top so that we gain some space, don't have to scooch in under the small table and it can slide back and forth to allow easy entry and exit.  We could also take the top off easily if we need to convert to a bed.

2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kup-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 7:26pm
Finally, we added a solid shelf above the kitchen push-out and replaced the screwed-in access panels with a small drawer and a removable access panel for the pump and flush valve. 
Provides just a bit more functional storage.
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
Rpod-Couple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rpod-Couple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 10:11pm
Cut a corner of the plywood under the bed to get to the water heater valves. Can’t believe Forest River doesn’t make this minor modification. 

Made a drop-in brace to keep items from sliding out from under the bed while traveling. 

Made two cord/hose hangers in the storage compartment. 

Added exterior levels. Makes leveling a breeze. The left/right side level graduations indicate one inch shims under the corresponding wheel. Mounted front/back level at front corner near tongue jack.

Removed screws to driver side dinette seat. Found 1/3 of the space vacant for storage. Also makes it easy to check for plumbing leaks and winterize the pump.

Made a drawer to fit the dead space under fridge. Cable tied all the wires out of way to provide clearance. installed under drawer slides. Painted the drawer to match interior paneling and glued the panel blank onto the drawer front. Looks 100% factory. TIP: buy a pint of latex “sample” paint tinted to match the interior color. Great for touching up nicks and raw edges on factory trim. Used it to paint the plywood drawer.

Added grill rail on curbside. Just enough space to allow door to open fully. Painted the mounting rail black and screwed over the black pinstripe. Can’t tell the mounting rail is there unless you look for it.

Fiixed several wiring mistakes by FR including water pump, tank level indicators, and GFI outlet

Enjoying all the pod-mods others have posted - gives me ideas for our 171!

Steve & Elaine
2021 R-pod
2023 VW Atlas Cross Sport
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kup-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 8:07pm
Nice work RPod Couple, I especially like the drawer... well done! 
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 11:23am
I went with levels that use oil as a medium and a brass ball to indicate leveling after I had one of the water and air bubble ones explode in the Texas sun.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
Gualalapod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gualalapod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 10:43am
Hi.  I am interested in the inverter project.  Where did you install the inverter?  Does it run the tv and plugs?  We have been on our 2nd trip and not having plugs to charge devices is very frustrating!  I have a 2015 179 Hood River model.  
Gualalapod owner
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 11:52am
If you only want to run a tv and charge devices then don't get an inverter. Simpler, more efficient and more reliable to swap in a dual voltage TV and install a cig lighter receptacle for it.

In the 179 you can easily pull out the stereo and tap 12V from it's supply. place the cig lighter receptacle in the wall adjacent to the TV. Get a receptacle which also has a couple of usb charge ports and you can charge your devices there as well.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
RFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 1:13am
We got our 2019 RP 180 in May. Command hooks/strips have been the solution to a lot of “where do I put this...?” I also bought little TV Remote holders and stuck those up in the bed area to keep them close at hand.  The paper towel holder and TP holder were both stick-on deals. Stacking wire shelves went into the cabinets. Also invested in a multitude of tubbies/bins to keep storage tidy (but don’t ask if I have actually executed the “tidy” part— it’s a work in progress). I cut a pool noodle to the size of drawer handles and door handles.  When the slide is in (oh, and that is an entirely different post I will need to write about the flood that fried my slide control panel and my Frog has been stuck in Southern AZ with its slide out for over a month now waiting for repair) the walkway is very narrow and my husband barked up his shin on a drawer handle - pool noodle to the rescue. I also put the noodles over the over-the-door hooks and the bathroom doorknob so that JUST IN CASE the bathroom door flies open while traveling it won’t shatter the mirror on the cabinet next to the entry door. I got a wireless doorbell (more for a gag, but why not?), mounted the button with Command Strips so I can pull the bracket off when moving—same with my weather station receiver. One thing I was particularly proud of devising was a rack for the Blu-ray player. I had been wracking my brain for weeks trying to come up with a viable mounting system that wouldn’t cost a ton of money, because let’s face it...when you get a new “toy” you dump about 5 grand into it just to put your personal stamp on it. Oh.  Just me?  Okay. Either way, I bought the most compact Blu-ray I could find on Amazon.  After weeks of contemplating a way to mount it, I found that joist hangers are the perfect size. I bought 4 ($.79 each) — on 2 of them, had my burly brother bend the ends straight, painted them, and mounted to the underside of the cabinet with - you guessed it -Command Strips. The player stows in the cabinet and will come out, slide into the rack, and get hooked up when needed. I’m loving some of the other mods I’m seeing!  I’m inspired to do more personalization, but I think after the slide repair and flipping some $$ to my bro for allowing my Frog to become a yard ornament for weeks on end, I need to let my bank account recover.

~dani~ 2019 RP180 purchased 5/15/21; towed by 2014 Willys Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 77>