R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 77>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 7:10pm
Interesting looking battery monitor. I just upgraded my battery to LiFePO4 and as part of the new installation, put in a battery monitor. The face on mine is round. I am awaiting an extension cable that I need to be able to put it where I want it to be. The write up is in my mods (see link in signature).

I like your shelves. but I could not get away with multiple shelves in the wardrobe. My wife like to hang things up in there. I did get one shelf in, just high enough to separate the hanging items from where she keeps her toiletries bag and other small items.

I have not yet opted for solar. We have a generator as there are times I have needed the hgher power to run the AC, something that is not feasible with solar yet.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
teenab160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote teenab160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 6:57am
Can you give me the dimensions for the tall pantry type shelves? Also did you attach it by the slide out or on the slide out? I am always looking for ways to add storage.
teenab160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote teenab160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 7:00am
Can you give me the dimensions to the pantry that you built? Also, did you attach it to the wall beside the slide out? If so what did you use? The walls are so thin that I’m afraid it won’t hold.

Thank you
Teena
Colorado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colorado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:11am
For Boondocking:

12 Volt improvements:  Living in Colorado we prefer never to be plugged in.  We made four electrical modifications which are very handy.

1.  Installed 2200Watt inverter under dinnette with remote switch.

2.  Installed a 30 amp automatic transfer switch,

Go Power! TS-30 30 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch,

(where the where the shore power comes into the camper under the sink (on the Model 178).  The shore power runs to the transfer switch first, as does the power from our 2200Watt inverter.  When the trailer is unplugged, all AC receptacles work off of the inverter.  One has to turn off the breakers for the AC, Converter and Water Heater with this arrangement (since all of those appliances draw too much power, and in the case of the converter you would be using inverter power to charge the batteries)

3.  Purchased a 160 watt flexible Renology Solar panel and wired a plug to the front of the trailer running to a Duo Solar Charge controller (wired independently to the two batteries.  The solar panel is wired to a 50' cord so the panel can be placed in the sun while the camper is in the shade.  The solar charger charges each battery independently.  I did not use the Zamp plug on the back of the trailer (which is wired in reverse so one has to pay twice as much for an inferior Zamp system)

4.  Installed battery selector switch which allows one to turn off the batteries (for storage), select battery #1 or battery #2 or "both".
Colorado
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:38am
I was looking at that Giandel. How long have you had it and how is it working for you? I assume the largest ac load you are running is the microwave? How does the inverter handle that?

Hopefully you installed some heavy gauge conductors (and the appropriate battery fuse/cb)  to the inverter as you could have upwards of 200A current there at full load. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
MelissaJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MelissaJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:28am

I bought an 2015 178 this fall and have spent the last few months completely remodeling it. It is pretty much finished, and we are heading out this weekend for a last minute trip to Tennessee. I changed the sink faucet, used peel and stick tiles in the bathroom and kitchen area, used rustoleum countertop paint for the kitchen counter and table, used hand towels for the curtains, added shelving, put hinges 
and cabinet openers on the benches, have new peel and stick flooring, and have large baskets 
underneath the benches for food storage. 

Here are the links to the items I used, I also used peel and stick grout to help cover the rough edges and keep the water from going behind the tiles. *update, this fell right off. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HRLYZD3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 White tiles *these did not stick well in bathroom, they did better in the small kitchen area. After the winter, a lot were separated from the wall. I have been pushing them back on, and I am wondering how they will do in the heat.

https://www.wayfair.com/home-improvement/pdp/art3d-11-x-11-pvc-peel-stick-mosaic-tile-dtar1285.html mosaic tile *this tile stayed on pretty well. I am happier with it that the subway tile. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X65DXQT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 hooks to hold up curtain rods *did not work well on the wallpaper sections. They pulled down the wall paper. I switched to small, screw in hooks to hold up the curtain rods. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PKNZN1H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 soap dispensers *these too fell off. Confused I reordered a shelf to hold things that will screw in. Adhesive installation doesn't work over peel and stick tiles.
'

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BSQ84QF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 flooring *It seems like the flooring has expanded a little, so some of the tiles are lifting a little. 

I got the paint at home depot, also took some trips to our local Home Goods store for the towels and other things for the kitchen area. I also took out the back of the cabinet under the sink to have a lot more room for storing pans, etc. 
EchoGale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:45am
Wow! That's  beautiful.
Julie
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 11:36am
Yes, it definitely brightens up the interior. I like your "tiled" bathroom. What did you use for that?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
MelissaJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MelissaJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 12:16pm
Here are the links to the items I used, I also used peel and stick grout to help cover the rough edges and keep the water from going behind the tiles. *update, this fell right off. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HRLYZD3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 White tiles *these did not stick well in bathroom, they did better in the small kitchen area. After the winter, a lot were separated from the wall. I have been pushing them back on, and I am wondering how they will do in the heat.

https://www.wayfair.com/home-improvement/pdp/art3d-11-x-11-pvc-peel-stick-mosaic-tile-dtar1285.html mosaic tile *this tile stayed on pretty well. I am happier with it that the subway tile. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X65DXQT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 hooks to hold up curtain rods *did not work well on the wallpaper sections. They pulled down the wall paper. I switched to small, screw in hooks to hold up the curtain rods. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PKNZN1H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 soap dispensers *these too fell off. Confused I reordered a shelf to hold things that will screw in. Adhesive installation doesn't work over peel and stick tiles.
'

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BSQ84QF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 flooring *It seems like the flooring has expanded a little, so some of the tiles are lifting a little. 

I got the paint at home depot, also took some trips to our local Home Goods store for the towels and other things for the kitchen area. I also took out the back of the cabinet under the sink to have a lot more room for storing pans, etc. 

Jenga Jack View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jenga Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 2:19pm
Great mods MJ. Very impressive!
For the floating shelves in kitchen area, how do you secure the screws into the wall to hold the weight of shelf and contents?
2014 R-Pod 178 aka the "Kobra Pod"
following a 2015 4Runner wherever it may wander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 77>