R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote spydie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 12:55am
Originally posted by BrianR

We've had our 172 a few months, but after our first trip we decided the bunk was wasted space and needed to be hinged and raised to offer additional seating. Ended up splitting the bunk, like a few others have posted, which made the bed more stable and allows storage on the side behind the bathroom when in the up position. Need to figure out a few trim pieces to complete it but it will work for camping until we do.

Where do you get those support rods with the ends on them?
2018 R-pod 176
2017 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi
mloerzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mloerzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:35am
First Mod: Replace the Cheapo Shower Wand

2nd Mod: Make the Dinette into a Couch... Cushion(s) are coming.

Nice Upgrade to Bathroom Sink Faucet

And... The Solar Panel, my intent is to camp off-grid whenever possible, because they are the best camping spots.

The Goal Zero is a Terrific Panel, but I had to modify it for RV use. It does not have the connectors, or the Cord you need to hook it up to the camper port... I contacted them and they told me they are working on it.

My First Mod really was, the dealer installed two 6v Batteries for a total of 225 Amp Hours. On a typical camping day, I use 20-30 amps. That's with a little bit of TV off an Inverter, Some Roof Fan, Ect.

Life is Too Serious to be taken Seriously
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:51am
Nice work!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
TeeBrock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote TeeBrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:06am

I really like the transformed dinette Smile
You made some great mods-

Tee
Tee
and Sadie (Chocolate Lab)
2017.5 RP 180
2006 Kia Sorento
2002 BMW R1150RS
Laytek2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Laytek2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:07pm
Removing bathroom sink:
I have a new rPod 179 with the plastic bathroom enclosure walls. I just called FR at 574-642-3119, option "parts", and asked for a trim kit to cover the hole after removing the sink. They unfortunately do not have a kit for the walls.
Subzilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Subzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:19pm
Yep....sometime this past February FR changed the wall material and the kit no longer works.
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
Britt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Britt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 4:00pm
Hello, your photos and modifications are fantastic. Its a shame they (rpod people) arent doing this at the factory. I have just ordered a 180 2018. I have been looking at all the ideas for extra storage. The under the bed drawer is brilliant! I cant wait to get mine. I definitely want to see about having the drawer made like yours.
Britt
Susie Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susie Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 5:30pm
To increase storage I replaced the rear queen mattress that came with my 2018 Hood River Edition RPod 178 with a 39"x74" twin 6-inch memory foam mattress (Item ID 131536725205) that I purchased from fortnightbedding on eBay. In the extra space behind the twin mattress I put two 37"x17.5"x11" custom wood boxes made of light-weight 1/2" birch with drop-in lids (with lid pull hole) and side handle cutouts, finished in "Classic Gray," from Tilnic Box on Etsy. The bed is lighter, more comfortable, and easier to make. The boxes give me interior storage space and a surface to sit a lamp, books, and alarm clock in at night.
dying
Susie Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susie Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 5:31pm
BrianR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrianR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 9:22pm
The support rods are 1/2" metal conduit and I curved one with a pipe bender. The piece that looks like an end is actually screwed into the bottom of the bunk and is a door stop receiver from Lowe's.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 77>