R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Evan C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:17am
my GF is requesting one. it that attached to door? Mike
2010 r-pod 175
Sawtooth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sawtooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 9:40am
Cody91, Was wondering where you found that shelving that you put in above the table area?
pikewyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pikewyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 11:40pm
We removed the bathroom sink from our rpod 179. We can't believe how much space we have now. My wife loves it. So to help others who want to do this.... call Forrest river, give them your vin # and they will send you a replacement panel, trim piece, and tape that all match the bathroom.  It cost me $44 including shipping.  Then remove all the screws holding the sink in place. I used a dry wall knife and cut all the silicone and pried the sink off the wall. I had to remove part of the plumbing with a baseboard cutter so I put a cap on the open pipe section and glued that in place with pvc glue. Then I used liquid nail to have the panel stick to the wall. Be generous with it!  Then I used some of the original screws to make sure it wasn't going to move. Now before you go and silicone the edging, put the tape on first. Then silicone it to make it to make it water proof. I did it the opposite (silicone the taped) and I learned that the tape wouldn't stick to the silicone. So a little more liquid nail on the back of he tape and it should be fine! The a small silicone around that Andy it looks great!!  I Can't figure out how to post a photo. sorry!
Subzilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Subzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:07am
Yes, please post photos.   Somewhere on here there are pic posting instructions.  I know you're suppose to upload to a server, then pull from that to post.  There were some suggestions in the post.

I NEED to do this.  Did you just talk to FR customer service?
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
pikewyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pikewyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:43pm
hopefully this link will work for you. 

https://www.snapfish.com/photo-gift/share?via=link&token=yuqzCR7tBMfi1ZRdvs3ObQ/AUS/27945495963070/SNAPFISH

kansasfrogs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote kansasfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 2:29pm
Could you tell me how to contact Forest River or do you know the name of the wood stain/paint they use on the inside?  We have a 2015 and I can't seem to find matching stain anywhere.
FROGGY
jimandclare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jimandclare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 2:45pm
If you have the dark brown faux wood color scroll through this link for paint and stain color:

paint and stain
Jim & Clare
2016 R-pod 178
2014 Ford Edge
Whoababe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Whoababe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 5:55pm

Going for a little different look - we removed some of our decals, and we hope to add some custom ones soon. We used Meguiars oxidation remover for the "ghosting" worked like a charm! 

Can't wait to do the sink mod above!!

Josh + Jen • Whoa Babe Mods Blog
→ 2015 Chevy Silverado
→ 2016 {new to us} 179
bigcat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by JandL

Mt. Rose Campground last Thursday had good sun so the battery's charged, on Friday their was over cast so it didn't charge as well

Curious about your awning set up. What are you using? Looks like a tarp with tent poles. Great idea!

Big Cat
2017 179
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PilotPodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 6:48pm
I met up with Patriot Dave this past week up at Petoskey State Park in northern Michigan. He had a custom canvas porch mod on his 2016 179 that looked great. I interviewed him about it and put a YouTube video together at the link below. Thanks Dave for the interview and great mod! 

John "PilotPodder" Marucci
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 77>