R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote birderdiane526 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:48pm
Looks great!
Diane and Michael
2016 179 "PIP" (PODDING IN PARADISE)
2007 Toyota Tundra
BLOG:Podding in Paradise,
birderdiane526.blogspot.com
Whoababe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Whoababe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 9:30am
Thanks Diane and Michael!
Josh + Jen • Whoa Babe Mods Blog
→ 2015 Chevy Silverado
→ 2016 {new to us} 179
Rodncerita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rodncerita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 5:34pm

Slide out switch protector
With 10 grandchildren, we were concerned that the slide out switch was just too close to the bathroom light switch on our 2017 R-Pod 179. Accidents seem to increase with little ones around so I decided to put a protective cover over the switch. This prevents anyone from mistakenly moving the slide in or out. I purchased this cover on Amazon for less than $6 and it installs using the existing wall plate screws. Very quick and easy.

TeeBrock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote TeeBrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 1:20pm
I thought you might be from Colorado with that spice rack Big smile
Tee
and Sadie (Chocolate Lab)
2017.5 RP 180
2006 Kia Sorento
2002 BMW R1150RS
NJ-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NJ-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 8:48pm
Hello, this is our first post. My wife and I just bought a used 2009 172. We wanted to redecorate a bit to brighten up the interior. The brown and beige was too much so we decided to:

1) Paint the cabinets white,
2) Put in some new wallpaper, and 
3) Re-upholster the dinette cushions.

Painting the cabinets was easy enough

My wife choose a wallpaper that looked like wood slats but in beach colors

The cushions were interesting. I reused the original foam but covered it in a blue canvas that we got from Joanns Fabrics - $6.99 per yard and 11 yards left me with some extra in the end.

The flat cushions were wrapped like presents and secured with sticky backed velcro.

The curved cushions were more challenging. I stripped the old cushion covers, measured the top bottom and middle pieces and then cut the same sizes from the canvas. I borrowed a friends portable sewing machine. (I have never used one before). After a 10 minute you tube video I was good to go.

I re-used the back of the curved cushions because it already had a zipper and my sewing skills are limited.

The last pic is an over view of the finished area.

As you can see I also covered the fridge door in the wall paper.

My wife is picking out curtains, and I will cover the valances with the same blue canvas.

Hope the pictures show up correctly...
Reinventing a 2009 Rpod 172
pedalho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedalho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:18pm
Big smile
pedalho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedalho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:22pm
Looks great.  When you replaced the tv wall mount were you able to use the same holes in the wall or dd you have to drill new holes? My husband isn't thrilled about drilling more holes. Where did you get the mount and would you share the information as to make and model?
BrianR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrianR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:54pm
We've had our 172 a few months, but after our first trip we decided the bunk was wasted space and needed to be hinged and raised to offer additional seating. Ended up splitting the bunk, like a few others have posted, which made the bed more stable and allows storage on the side behind the bathroom when in the up position. Need to figure out a few trim pieces to complete it but it will work for camping until we do.

lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:31am
From one 172 to another:  Nice job.  It looks great!
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
NJ-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NJ-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 9:24am
Hey BrianR,

Great job. I have been thinking of doing this in our 172.
Thanks, for the pictures.

NJ-pod
Reinventing a 2009 Rpod 172
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 77>