R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote texman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 9:11am
Thanks for posting that and giving me these good ideas! definitely doing the:  puck lights in storage, cupholders for water.  Looking forward to the rear hitch mod.  I have been contemplating that one too.
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
Wood River Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wood River Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 11:40am
Bboudens,
Sounds like some good work!  Which brand tiles did you use?  Was the peel and stick adhesive enough or did you need additional spray adhesive?  Would enjoy seeing pictures of the mod. Trying to decide if I want to go with peel & stick tiles or other.   Peel and stick seems lighter and easier.
Thanks for the insight.
Jeff  
Smith's in Hailey
Early 2017 179 HRE

Wood River Mods
Bboudens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bboudens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 12:14pm
Wood River,

I went with the peel and stick. This is more of a fashion mod than function. My spouse liked the look in some of the other trailers. I did do this mod in the fall and the sheets are still on the wall even through
-20 c winter weather. Can't say if they will melt off the wall in +35 degrees. I got them at home depot. whole process took a couple hours just to be careful plus I had to remove and reinstall the window trim.
Use a ruler and box cutter to keep cuts straight.

My kitchen is in the slide, so I did one row of sheets along the sides about 9 in tall with long skinny tiles. Then I cut another style of small squares to use as a 3" border on the sides and as a band on the back, which ties all three walls together even tho most of the band is cut off by the window. The tiles she picked out tie in nicely with the rest of our trailer, brown and gold marble with solid dark browns beige grays and some green. Looks good.

Cheers.  
Keep your stick on the ice
2016 178HRE
2011 Silverado 1500
wolftg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolftg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 3:48pm
How did you wire that cutoff switch, I've tried the negative to fuse panel and it's not working...
Bboudens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bboudens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 5:52pm
The cut off switch I haven't done yet still looking for the right size A-frame box. The switch I plan to use is a basic dead current switch. Wire it red to red and black to black and a 90 o turn cuts the connection. Used em on the rigs to kill power if you have to weld and are located as close to the batteries as possible in order to be the "first link in the chain" before another power draw. I'm gonna have my mechanic install it for me.   
2016 178HRE
2011 Silverado 1500
Larabee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Larabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:46pm
How did you screw into the wall of the pod? I would be nervous of the opener not having enough structural integrity from repeated use.
Larabee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Larabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 11:47pm
How well does this actually work? Thanks!
Bboudens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bboudens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 10:31am
Opener? I do not quite follow your question? As for screwing into the wall, I've used two methods.

1. Around the windows and storage access doors there is aluminum framing. Use a stud finder to find them and you can use self tapping screws to secure items.

2. Crown bolt hallow wall anchors. (see Stephen H mod page.) size #6 - 32 x 1"  work great. Pre drill into the wall only about 1/2 inch max. then push the crown and bolt into the hole. remove the bolt and fasten item with said bolt. I used this method for the cup holders. Backed up with command strips and it seems to be holding strong.   
2016 178HRE
2011 Silverado 1500
Debster1955 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Debster1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 2:31pm
How did you attach the shelves to the back since the walls are so thin?

Thanks,
Debbie Crawford
Whoababe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Whoababe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm
Hello!
We have had our 179 for a few months now, here are our mods so far: 

Changed the back cushions on the Dinette

Replaced stock mattress with this one

Removed the second ottoman on the Dinette 

Still more I want to do. I would especially love to have a window in the door! I would also like to add a shower extender, a second entry step, relocate the spare tire to the tongue...my list goes on and on, but between now and then I am just loving our Rpod!!

Save
Josh + Jen • Whoa Babe Mods Blog
→ 2015 Chevy Silverado
→ 2016 {new to us} 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 77>