R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Alaskaflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:16pm
I finished installing two cubbyholes in my underseat storage. We found it is most crowded inside at bedtime, when we are using all the berth space and want access to our bags without lifting the top of the benches. Nice to stuff bags and sundries through these instead. Used simple 'stain-able' 1/2 inch outside corner moulding to finish the edges. Will stain the finish work when I get around to it.

Photo of the DC socket I installed a little while ago. I wanted it in the entertainment center to plug in our mounted TV while boondocking, using a small fist-sized inverter, and to have a shelf for our phones while charging.

Debster1955 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Debster1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:39am
How did you mount the spice rack and the shelf over the bed. The walls are really thin.
Debster1955 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Debster1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:44am
Hi,

How did you mount the spice rack? The walls are so thin.

Debbie
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 11:11am
Does anyone know how the upper bunk is attached on a 172?  I'm thinking of copying yitzit's work on the lower bunk, but need to remove the upper bunk to do it.  I don't want to leave a bunch of gaping holes in the walls.  My thought is to raise and narrow the upper bunk so it f.unctions as a shelf as we don't need the bed capacity. 
Thanks in advance for any info.

Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 11:12am
Does anyone know how the upper bunk is attached on a 172?  I'm thinking of copying yitzit's work on the lower bunk, but need to remove the upper bunk to do it.  I don't want to leave a bunch of gaping holes in the walls.  My thought is to raise and narrow the upper bunk so it f.unctions as a shelf as we don't need the bed capacity. 
Thanks in advance for any info.

Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Randrestj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Randrestj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 7:47pm
Hi, I like the shelving idea but was always a little leery about drilling holes in the sides of the trailer. What type of screws, (length and size) did you utilize to fasten the the strips of wood and is there any special location as to where you need to put the screws.  Thanks so much,
RogerSJ
kkomorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kkomorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 9:21am
How was the trip? Window hold up to the elements?

KK
Jonknite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonknite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 9:48am

Went very well, the road was so rough i had to take the stabilizer Jacks off to have sufficient clearance. All that bouncing and everything held well.
marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 10:53am

If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

mooremg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mooremg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 2:51pm
We bought our 179 in August of this year and although it's titled as a 2017 model it seems to be a transitional 2016-1/2 model when it comes to features.  Ours has the King Jack TV antenna and rotator as well as the stainless steel undermount sink and updated exhaust fan but it is missing some of the features of the new blue R-pods that I would have liked to have.  I've already added an electric tongue jack to replace the flip foot jack and this past weekend I installed the flush-mount stove surround - see picture below.  I've also purchased the D&W Super Slider sewer hose storage tube but I haven't gotten it installed yet.  The only other mods I've made to our 179 is to replace the outlet near the stove with one that has 2 USB charging ports and added a bracket to the TV swing arm that allows me to angle it downward.  

Installing the flush mount for the stove was easy after carefully measuring the visually checking clearances.  There is a cleat between the front of the cabinet and the counter top that you need to clear and the wiring for the electrical outlet by the stove runs along that same cleat.  The flush mount doesn't come with a template so you have to use the mount itself to draw your outline then draw the cut line 3/8" inside of that.  I found that after initially unscrewing the stove top from the counter that I could just use the flexible gas line to angle the stove so I could just lower it down inside the cabinet while I was making my cut instead of having to disconnect the line.  

We don't use the stove top that often and rather than make a cutting board top like many people do we chose to go this route to recover the counter space.

Sue and Mike

2022 Grand Design 23LDE
2017 Ford Expedition Platinum
2017 r-pod 179 (for sale)
2018 Chevrolet Traverse LT (sold)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 77>