R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Snydercrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 22 May 2016 at 10:22am
I, for one, would like to see your privacy mod. The wet bath is so small .
Tim & Linda
2017 178
2016 Honda Odyssey
CLT-NC R-Podder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CLT-NC R-Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 8:29pm
We have made a few "mods" to our 2016-178. I have seen several shelves added above the bed. We wanted ours to be removable and found that the window valance is very sturdy. We reinforced the back of a section of wire closet shelving with a 1x2 board and attached it with the standard shelving mounting brackets. We put the rubber caps on the ends to keep from damaging the walls. We take it down as part of our tear-down at the end of a trip. Pictures below:

My pillows are against the wall, of course the bed doesn't face that way

this picture is looking from underneath
Joe & Erin
2016 178 towed by 2016 Toyota Tacoma double cab 4x4
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 8:34pm
Looks nice, adds a lot of storage
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171

Post Options Post Options   Quote CLT-NC R-Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 8:36pm
Another "mod" we have made to our 178 is to the small shelf under the TV. We added a board with a galley railing... just gives a little more storage room. We will be adding another shelf, similar to this one, above the microwave.

Joe & Erin
Patriot Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patriot Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by CLT-NC R-Podder

We have made a few "mods" to our 2016-178. I have seen several shelves added above the bed. We wanted ours to be removable and found that the window valance is very sturdy. We reinforced the back of a section of wire closet shelving with a 1x2 board and attached it with the standard shelving mounting brackets. We put the rubber caps on the ends to keep from damaging the walls. We take it down as part of our tear-down at the end of a trip. Pictures below:

I like "all of it" thanks for sharing
Dave & Joyce
Never Forget, In God We Trust; This Our National Motto.
Member; Patriot Guard Riders, Michigan Chapter
Retired; So Every Day is Saturday.... Except Sunday
apw63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote apw63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 6:52pm
Great mod, we are planning on doing something like this. I have one question, is the 1x2 attached to the wall or shell or is it just resting on top of the valance?

Thank you for any info

Andy

Originally posted by CLT-NC R-Podder

Post Options Post Options   Quote CLT-NC R-Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 3:29pm
Thanks! The 1x2 is attached to the shelf and resting on the valance. We felt like the valance was stronger than anything we could have done. We do have to take it down every time but I'm sure you could attach it to the valance.
Joe & Erin
Tim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 8:18am
Thanks for the pics of your shelf! Hope to do that this weekend to our 2014 178. What length shelf did you use? The width from wall to wall is about 74". Did you use an 8 ft. shelf and cut in down? 
What a great idea!!
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 9:32am
I used the six-foot shelf, but made wooden brackets which sit on the valences with metal angle braces that hook behind the valence and command strips which keep it stable. The shelf (Allen & Roth from Lowe's) sits on the wooden brackets. You can see pictures in my mods.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS

Post Options Post Options   Quote CLT-NC R-Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 11:47pm
We used a 6ft shelf. It lays in there perfectly. Just put the rubber caps on the ends to protect the walls.
Joe & Erin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 77>