R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote David D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 12:17pm
Hi There,

Great TV mount mod to your rPod!  Wondering if you could respond with Amazon part number.

Thanks,

David
2015 R-Pod 179
JandL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JandL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 4:49pm
Fender table and jack spacer
I made a small table for my fender to hold my radio and drinks. My first attempt was the thin aluminum pieces with the bend it. It was made from a sheet of 1/16” thick 5052 aluminum I picked up at a scrap yard. I wanted a soft aluminum I could easily bend by clamping it to a table and then tapping on it with a rubber mallet to bend it. I then used the top part of my belt sander to smooth out the radius cut so it fits flush with the fender. You are limited to what the yard has in sizes and so I bent it and mounted it with 2 screws thru the fender and some adhesive sealant on the underside edges next to the wall. It worked great but it only was big enough to hold the radio. I went thru my scraps and found a sheet of 1/8” that I cut down to attach to the angled piece. The only thing holding it on are the 2 flat head screws and a dabs of adhesive on the corners. It is now big enough to hold everything. The spacer for the jack is ¾” oak flooring with a clear urethane coating. I wanted to have a little more clearance when exiting driveways.

JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
Bluesme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bluesme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 6:13pm
I would like to post pictures, but when I do, they are huge. Please help!
johnmaci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote johnmaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 7:01pm
You can right click on picture and open with Paint. Go to resize, pixels, then select something appropriate (i.e. 800x660 or 640x480, or smaller) then save it with a new file name so you don't overwrite your original . Not sure what the preferred size of attachments is on this forum.....
JandL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JandL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 7:16pm
Any picture I’m going to post, I make a copy of it and put it in a new file on my computer, that’s so I always have the untouched original. My pictures are stored in Windows Pictures library so my direction is based on that photo program. I do a left mouse click on the picture I want to post and I get a drop down menu, I them pick edit. That opens the picture up in Windows Paint. On the upper part you have a box called “Image” click on Resize. You they get a new box which is called Resize and Skew. Click on the button that says Pixels. You can resize by picking a smaller number. I just change the number in the Horizontal box, the Vertical will change automatically. The pictures I just posted about the Fender Table and Jack Spacer are 300 Pixels wide. You can also crop your picture by checking the button that says “Select” and then “Rectangle Selection” and drag a box around the picture you want to show. Them save your picture. If you and look at pictures others have posted put your mouse pointer on a picture and do a left mouse click and at the bottom of the drop down menu pick “Properties”. A box will open up with the basic information about the picture and in the middle is Dimensions in pixels. That way you can get an idea on how big the pictures are that others have posted and what size you may need. You may have another photo editor on your computer that will be different than the directions for Windows Paint, but they should have a way to edit picture size in Pixels.
JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
sailor323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 7:43pm
In Windows Live Photo Gallery, in the upper left hand corner, click on "organize, edit or share" Choose edit and then choose the size--medium works well for sharing on FB.  Click that and save.
JandL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JandL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 9:31pm
Solar Panel
I purchased a Grape Solar “GS-Star-100W”, 100 watt panel from Costco and a group 27 battery. I had to get a new battery box to hold the bigger battery and to also mount the charge controller and circuit breaker. The charge controller is a Morningstar “SK-12 SunKeeper” 12 Amp PWM Charge Controller. They make a 6 amp model but someday I may want to add a second panel so I got the 12 amp. To hook it up to the panel and battery I used an Solar Panel Cable - 30ft long, 12 AWG wire, with Mc4 connectors. I cut the cable in half and attached it to the Anderson multipole power connector, SB50 series, 50 amps, 10-12 gauge wire contacts and added a dust cover along with a Bussmann 10 amp panel mount circuit breaker “25510-B-2”. I carry a step ladder in my rear pass thru hung from a wood slats. I need the ladder to install the panel. The solar panel travels in my bathroom strapped to the wall; it’s not a problem if it gets wet. I haul everything out to the side of the trailer and extend the 2 legs that are attached to the panel with hinges. The panel weighs 20 pounds so it helps to have some hand it up to you. I have installed foam strips to the frame of the panel so it won’t damage the roof or edge molding. I use 2 Irwin Quick Grip Handi Clamps to attach the legs to the slide out frame. I trimmed off the ends of 2 Camco Party Light Holders and super glued them together to so I could attach the cam from a “Parent Units 2 Pack Topple Stop Furniture Straps” I got from Amazon. The straps I attached to the side of the solar panel. I put a lock on the Handi Clamp to make it harder to remove the panel; the back tube on the lock was to increase the diameter so you can’t operate the release mechanisms on the clamps. I route the wire down the side of the trailer to clips, I have replaced most of the plastic ones with metal one because the plastic ones snapped off. If shade is covering the top of the trailer I can position the panel on the ground.

Group 27 battery and charge controller wiring

Charge controller, Anderson connector and circuit breaker

Ladder storage

Secured in the bathroom for travel

All the parts and the installation

Lock to make it harder to remove and straps to help hold it in place if there is wind

Because it is not bolted to the roof I can move it to get the best sun

Warning label so you do not run the slideout

Mt. Rose Campground last Thursday had good sun so the battery's charged, on Friday their was over cast so it didn't charge as well
JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 10:11pm
Looks good.  I like the reminder tag, I do the same when I put the jack down at truck stops and Wal-Marts so I don't forget.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Falcmerlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Falcmerlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 2:08pm
great idea thank you
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tri-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 2:36pm
What a well thought out plan and you seem to have thought of everything. Great explanation on your project anyone here could do the same by following your instructions. wOW. I couldn't handle the engineering and broke down and bought a Honda eu3000s. Which keeps the wife happy when the AC is running but the we are in Southeast Texas where to day it is 97 feels like 105 with the humidity. But back to your project so nice thanks for sharing it with us.
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 77>