R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Chuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 9:32am
Thanks. What sort of sliders did you use?
Z-pod
Chuck Janet & Bogie the dog
'12 RP 177
1972 Shasta 1400
2005 Ford F-150 5.3L V8
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote M0tl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Chuck

Thanks. What sort of sliders did you use?

Slow reply, sorry. I found a 6-pack of these type at lowes. Basically the self-adhevise with the plastic bottom. They don't really add any height to your drawer so you get more use of the space and it slides around on the lineleum just great.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_29577-255-4701195N_0__?productId=1179463&Ntt=slider&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dslider&facetInfo=

The 178 club
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 3:12pm

securing cushions on 179

Keenan, Kathryn, Millie, Rio & Cali (2015 r pod 179)
Poddy by Nature
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 5:09pm
Poddy by Nature
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 5:13pm
Poddy by Nature
apache View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote apache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 1:16am
marspball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marspball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 1:01pm
My first mod on my 182G...

I installed this 12v socket / USB combo so I can use a 12v TV and charge my USB devices when dry camping. I want to install another one in the garage but pulling the cable from the garage to the panel seems to be a daunting task.

fionasol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fionasol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 1:24pm
Marspball,
Would you mind sharing the details of install?  
2011 RP 177
2013 Silverado 1500
HodgePod Album
Travel Blog
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 4:41pm
marspball, you may be able to find a 12 volt line run for lighting that you can tap, instead of running a new one.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
marspball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marspball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by fionasol

Marspball,
Would you mind sharing the details of install?  

Oops, I guess that would be helpful. Lol

The socket/USB plug can be purchased on ebay for $10.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-USB-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Splitter-12V-Charger-Power-Adapter-Outlet-/381005422890

I placed it right by the door which is above the electric panel so running the cable to the panel was pretty easy. The outlet itself has 2 screw on rings which you're supposed to use to mount it securely to the wall. However, there was no access from the back so I had to figure out another way.

So I made two holes with a drill and hole saw that is big enough so that the retaining ring will fit and the plastic cover will sit flush with the wall. for wiring, I used 12 gauge wire which i know it is an overkill but the price diff of 12ga compared to 14ga wasn't that much. it doesn't show in the picture but inside the wall, the cable from the panel is split into two and then hooked up to the outlets. The kit already comes with the cable connectors.

To hook it up to the electric panel, you do have to remove it which is pretty easy. Just two screws for the cover and another 4 screws for the panel and it slides forward. All the negative cables are connected to a bar on the bottom left of the panel (on the floor) and the positive cable gets hooked up to the 12v panel. I then used a 15amp fuse and everything works like a charm. I then positioned the cover of the outlet, drilled pilot holes for the screws and voila. From start to finish, the whole installation only took about 30 min. I hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 77>