R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 77>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 4:58pm
If you have come up with any kind of modification for your Pod please list it here.   Lets keep the mods in one place.

Terry

EDIT: A description of how you did your mod would be helpful to.  Or people could just send a message and ask about it.
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 10:35pm
Here's our current mods.  More to come in the spring after it comes out of winter storage.

Added wire racks from Wal-mart for extra storage.  Removed the gas burner stove and covered open area with a cutting board.  We prefer outdoor cooking and using electric hot plates for cooking indoors.

Added 6" height to lower bunk by using 1x6 boards and using contact paper to cover the boards.  This gave us additional storage and raised the height of the bunk to comfortably have a place to sit to tie shoes or waiting for the bathroomLOL

We ordered the 172 with the top bunk loose and replaced it a shelf.  This allowed us to be able to sit on the lower bunk without hitting our head on the top bunk.  We use the lower bunk for our clothes that we store in plastic containers with rollers on the bottom.   The upper shelf is for those odds and ends that you just don't know where to put them. 

We opted out of the R-Dome and decided the EZ-UP was more for us.  It is fast to set up, less then 60 sec's to set up, and is move able to whereever we want to put it.  You can get an optional screen too.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:21am
I plan on replacing the fenders on my Pod.  There are basically 2 reasons.

1.  I am going to add new rims and larger tires.

2.  I am going to add some type of bracket for attaching a gas grille to the fender.

Pictured is what I plan on getting.  It's called the Jeep Style fender.  It's made of diamond plate aluminum.  The top piece is 22" across.  The width is 10".  So the grille would be 10" from the Pod.  That should be enough distance to not be a worry about over heating the fiberglass.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg51/Fulltimer_KJ/JeepFender.gif

I'm not sure when I'll do this mod but it will be done.  Another added benefit is the top of the fender would be a good spot to set a "cold one".LOL

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:35am
Under Bed Storage use laundry baskets and a tub.

To talk about this mod or to ask questions please go to http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=956&PID=8564#8564

Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:45am
Replaced the mattress to a futon.  Sleeps so much better

To talk about this mod or to ask questions please go to http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=957&PID=8567#8567

Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 2:43am
Pulled out the Blinds and installed Curtains

To talk about this mod or to ask questions please go to http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=958&PID=8570#8570

Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 3:02am
The very first time I opened the door of my camper the shower access panel just jumped out at me.  I hated it!  The edges were unfinished wood and gave me splinters several times reaching in to turn on the light.  Managed to get another pocket like what is back in the bed and hung the pocket.  Looks way nicer now!

To talk about this mod or to ask questions please go to http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=959&PID=8572#8572

Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 3:25am
When we ordered our r-pod the first thing I had the dealer do was to remove the single tank holder and install the Dual Tank Holder.  We also changed over the gas regulator so both tanks are fastened at all times.  I went with a manual switch over regulator so I know when the one tank is empty and needs to be refilled.

To talk about this mod or to ask questions please go to http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=960&PID=8574#8574

Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:35pm
Ok so It's not total a skylight but pretty close to one.  I pulled off the cover on our Fantastic Fan and replaced it with a clear unit.  Lets in so much more light now!  It is very easy to install as it took more time to get the ladder than it did to unscrew the 4 screws holding it on and replacing the cover.

Part number is - Dome Kit - Clear K1020-00
from the  catalog http://www.fantasticvent.com/faq/knowledge_base/manuals/manuals_assests/OEM%20cat.pdf

Just go to the website for the phone number www.fantasticvent.com/where_buy/where_to_buy.html

To talk about this mod or to ask questions please go to http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=969&PID=8623#8623

Before Install

Before

Before

Before

After

After

VenturaDi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote VenturaDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 7:49pm
Among other things, installed a safety handle in the BR to make it easier to get up off the toi!

Diane
177 owner
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 77>