R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 77>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote M0tl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by JStrube

So I assume these shelves cannot be used in transit, only once parked?

I plan to use them in transit for smaller stuff. They'll be more useful when parked, but I've felt comfortable using a shelf with a rail after watching the performance of the factory installed railing above the fridge. I was surprised how everything we put up there, stayed up there, so I expect I'll have similar performance from these shelves.
The 178 club
JStrube View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote JStrube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 11:23am
Nice to know!  I've had the microwave door bounce open, and the coffee pot lid explode, so have been wary.  Not off road mind you, but on California's great highways.  We are going to do the above the bed shelf with baskets this winter, so will see how that goes.
2012 181G
fionasol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fionasol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 12:14pm
Picked up our new-to-us 177 (2011) last month, and have been busy modding. 

I've posted some highlight photos below, but more details can be seen in my HodgePod album at https://plus.google.com/photos/100553643014997418884/albums/6071238082127747745

Converted standard dinette to couch/game den for better 4 person card playing!
Original dinette
Original Dinette

New layout
Couch

Game Den

Bed

Original table--for now, at least--can still be used to make the bed (which we will rarely use). I will eventually need to make "taller" back rest cushions to fill out the entire bed mattress space. We may change to a lighter folding table in the future and store an extra piece of plywood behind the cushions for bed layout.  The big bench has hinged doors and the end tables/stools have tops that completely lift off. All the electrical stuff is contained to the stool at the left of the table.

Kudos to CC over on rpodnation, who inspired me to to try this mod.

Original undersink storage:

Spacious undersink mod!

Thanks to prg4533 for posting his mod!

A few other things:
-Used the hardware from the horrible metal mini-blinds to make roman shades fabric that won't make noise when kicked at night.
-Installed a swing-up jack with a wheel with some guidance from techntrek (Thanks!)
-Made an over the stove cutting board
-Removed the fabric pockets from behind the toilet and added a set of plastic coated wire shelves that fits there perfectly.  
-Upgraded all the lights to LEDs

Still on the list to do:
-Add some above the queen bed shelving
-Remove/relocate head banger "entertainment center" and ridiculous tiny tv.
-Make a slide-out drawer for underspace storage beneath queen bed.

Luv2Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Luv2Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 12:26pm
Man, those are some impressive mods.. Thanks for sharing.  This is what I love about pods (and TTs in general, for that matter):  They're like Harleys, you can make 'em your own!
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
cechancellor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote cechancellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2014 at 10:39am
Love your tv modifications.  Can we get the link to the Amazon tv tilt mount you used?
Thanks!
SeattleMALCKS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SeattleMALCKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 4:15pm
Hi,

Great MOD work ! What size TV did you use? Also, what model of TV support did you use and where did you anchor it to? Did you use a stud finder?

Thanks
GaryF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GaryF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 11:28am
I have a 2014 182G bought in Dec. last year so only have one season to work on it but did make several significant changes. 
Put Selenium magnet (from Home Depot) on the handle on the door over sink and put another flat magnet on ceiling. now when you open door, it stays open! 
Sawed the cover over the heater/water pump in two so that the entire dinette cushions don't have to be removed for access. 
Put velcro on back cushions to keep them in place. 
Put Velcro on TV remote and mounted it next to the entertainment center in the open area. 
Also mounted a hook in the other empty area for keys. 
Added two sewer hose storage tubes under frame for additional hoses. 
Put lifter on lower bunk platform for easier lifting to access storage. 
Made 2' by 2' cover for stove to increase counter work surfaces. 
Replaced all lamps with LED's. 
Replaced 20# LP tank with 30#. 
Bought a 32" Flat screen to keep permanently in the outside kitchen, it makes for a "drive in" feeling at nite! 
Added swing-a-way foot on tongue jack. 
Added hideaway drawers to dinette table. 
Permanently mounted C-3 battery charger to outlet under dinette for charging C-3 batteries for drill, ratchet for levelers and hand vacuum. 
Best mod has been the addition of wall mounted fireplace on dinette wall. Great ambiance plus "free" heat as it uses site elec instead of propane. A few minutes at max heat and the TT is warm!
Finally, added 4000 watt gen. with remote(Champion) to the TT via a tongue mount.

Backpacker
Backpacker
J&Jcf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote J&Jcf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 12:58pm
How do you post pictures on this site. The photos are on my tablet and able to easily post on other forums.
J. - 2011 rpod 171
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 1:19pm
love the couch mod... hopefully forest river is watching and taking notes. I would rather a jack knife sofa there.
Keenan, Kathryn, Millie, Rio & Cali (2015 r pod 179)
Poddy by Nature
Podster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Podster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by J&Jcf

How do you post pictures on this site. The photos are on my tablet and able to easily post on other forums.

Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 77>