R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 77>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 29 Nov 2023 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Kee

I added a small aluminum box to the rear bumper for all the sewage hoses, sidewinder and clean out parts.  Now I have to relocate the spare tire.  Wanted to put in a undercarriage stow away, but that puts the spare to close to the ground.  Any other clever ideas?

Thanks,
Kee 
We put our spare under with a hide-a-spare. It was a tight fit, but it has the added benefit of supporting the floor in the wide spot under the kitchen. It does not hang down any lower than anything else.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2023 at 8:59am
There is a spare tire holder that easily mounts to the a-frame.  With the added weight of the spare tire and mount, as well as spare battery(s) and propane tank(s) you want to make certain you don't go over on tongue weight as per limits on your tow vehicle.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Kee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2023 at 7:24am
I added a small aluminum box to the rear bumper for all the sewage hoses, sidewinder and clean out parts.  Now I have to relocate the spare tire.  Wanted to put in a undercarriage stow away, but that puts the spare to close to the ground.  Any other clever ideas?

Thanks,
Kee 
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 1:38pm
Thanks. I'll have to try that with the monitor that I have.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Grandpa Hiker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grandpa Hiker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 1:14pm
I use 2 narrow strips of elastic velcro that wraps around the monitor & mirror on the left & right sides. The monitor has a narrow frame around the perimeter. So the velcro does cover the monitor frame & a little bit of the monitor screen, but not enough that it blocks what I need to see.
Rob & Becky
2014 Ford Explorer 3.5 SOHC V6
2015 R-179 Pod aka Piddle Pod

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!!"
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 10:39am
I like that idea. How do you attach the strips to the monitor? I would think that running them around the front would be annoying as they would be in the way of the picture.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Grandpa Hiker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grandpa Hiker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 7:02am
I also use the Yakry from Amazon. I use two elastic velcro strips to attach the monitor to my rearview mirror. The mirror is useless when towing (all I can see is the front of my camper) so that is a great monitor location for me. 
Rob & Becky
2014 Ford Explorer 3.5 SOHC V6
2015 R-179 Pod aka Piddle Pod

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!!"
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Norman I

This camera looks amazing and useful to me. 
I will buy it for sure. 

Very similar to the Yakry model I got from Amazon. Worked great but could have stood to have a wider angle lens than it did. Also the windshield mount was useless. I made a metal plate to fit inside a tray on the dash and mounted magnets to the bracket. Worked awesome

Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
Norman I View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Norman I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2023 at 1:18pm
Grumpy-Chief View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpy-Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 12:11am
GrumpyChief
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator eco diesel
2022 RPOD 153

Guard services provided by Kate, my Rescued Chihuahua mix attack girl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 77>