R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedClearance at Gas Stations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clearance at Gas Stations
    Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 6:19pm
Well I finally picked up our rp179 last week, we had it for a while but then had to acquire a truck to pull it....   we'll need to figure out where to park it some day...  anyways driving back from dealer I set my gps to get me home - almost an hour drive. It was rush hour around Portland, OR & instead of taking me on a highway (26) it took me on a very winding, hilly 2 lane road where speed limits are always ignored. Surprisingly I didn't find it stressful or that tough at all even though it was the first time I pulled the thing. Just got back from a parking lot and driving it around before I get brave enough to try to turn it into our back alley and see if I can back it up into the spot in front of our garage - which leads me to clearance requiring a little trimming but your tip on getting a wheel for the tongue I think will due the trick if it gets to tight for me. Do any of you have experience with tongue jacks & wheels? Specifically do some roll / turn easier than others / are they all solid wheels and is there a better brand?  I purchased a fastway flip jack - but haven't installed it yet... I figure I can just throw the wheel in the truck & use in a pinch.  Thanks for your suggestions! Hopefully I can pass down some wisdom in the not to distant future
R-Podder by process of elimination
2014 RP179
2011 GMC CrewCab Short Bed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123