R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedScreen Door Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screen Door Issue
    Posted: 21 May 2016 at 6:13pm

I confess I am a senior and do have a senior moment every now and then however, I do also have a Mechanical back ground and even with that, for the life of me I have looked at this and cannot see how it works.

Today I unlocked the Rpod door, pulled on the latch and the door would not unlatch and open.........so after several attempts I pulled a bit harder and the door popped open and a the latch that holds the storm door to the main door fell to the ground. I had pulled hard enough to pull the screws out that holds the latch in place. See pic below.

So looking at it I think a bit bigger screw will make the repair. That said, I cannot see what allows the screen to unlatch at the same time the main door does and allows both to open??????

If this a senior moment......so be it but I am hoping one of you can tell me how it works.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

IMG_20160521_180950.jpg
Dave & Joyce
Never Forget, In God We Trust; This Our National Motto.
Member; Patriot Guard Riders, Michigan Chapter
Retired; So Every Day is Saturday.... Except Sunday
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 6:58pm
Dave,

This is a bit tricky and I'm going from my Camplite door system. I think it's pretty similar to the Pod doors. When the screen door is engaged with the outer door that piece you broke off exerts a downward pressure on the screen door latch handle, thus preventing the screen door from locking. I always secure the screen door to the outer door before closing the outer door. Just slamming the outer door against the closed screen door might damage the screen door latch handle.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
Patriot Dave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by CharlieM

Dave,This is a bit tricky and I'm going from my Camplite door system. I think it's pretty similar to the Pod doors. When the screen door is engaged with the outer door that piece you broke off exerts a downward pressure on the screen door latch handle, thus preventing the screen door from locking. I always secure the screen door to the outer door before closing the outer door. Just slamming the outer door against the closed screen door might damage the screen door latch handle.

Yes Sir, I see it now.

Thank You and Have a Great Day
Dave & Joyce
Never Forget, In God We Trust; This Our National Motto.
Member; Patriot Guard Riders, Michigan Chapter
Retired; So Every Day is Saturday.... Except Sunday
 Post Reply Post Reply