Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDano's 179 Jeep Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dano's 179 Jeep Edition
    Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:20pm
This was the picture I was somewhat concerned about with the 179 (2015 edition) that the owner had to add foam to level out the area due to the table being too high:

Dano and Shell
2020 Imagine 2150RB \ 2019 F150 5.0
xfitpanther View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by DanoJKU

Ok, I see it now. The left picture is with the slide pulled all the way in. The right picture is with the slide pushed all the way out. The seats must still be bolted to the floor.

Oh yep!  Good eye.  I'm going to have to go mess around in them at the dealer again.  Which color scheme did you get?  I sort of like the new Latte scheme, but haven't seen it in person.  
David
2017 r-Pod 180

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:24pm

This was the picture I was somewhat concerned about with the 179 (2015 edition) that the owner had to add foam to level out the area due to the table being too high:

oh wow!   When I looked at the 2016 179 a few days ago, it looked like the table was a little bit higher, but like you said, the thinner cushion would make it level.  I'll go here in an hour and check it out to make sure.
David
2017 r-Pod 180
DanoJKU View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:27pm
We talked to another owner who saw the Latte in-person and they feared that color combination would show too much dirt. They said Latte looks much lighter than the brochure picture. We were there and saw their 179 in Seaglass and liked it better than the Slate, so we ordered ours with Seaglass.
Dano and Shell
DanoJKU View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by David

Welcome to the forum. That's a great looking set up!

Thanks David! I'm already thinking P235 Mud tires, maybe adding the lift blocks on top of the already lifted new axle.
Dano and Shell
johnmaci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 6:26pm

This is what our camping rig will look like based on a picture I took while still deciding on what floorplan would work best for our needs. TV is a 2011 JKU Rubicon 6-speed with a few upgrades

Now all you need is a set of wheels/tires like you have on the Jeep, and a black body wrap and you're all set :)

StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by xfitpanther

Welcome.  That awesome Jeep kind of steals the show from the RPod. :).    I have been deciding which rPod for a year now. I like the 179 (EXCEPT the uneven dinette issue).  I've been leaning towards the the 178, and I like the 180, but I don't think my daughter would appreciate such tiny sleeping spot.    Anything that helped sway you one way or another?  

Remove the rounded end cushions and the flat back cushion, and the dinette area is a great size for one person. A friend slept quite comfortably there when we went on a trip recently. Depending on her size, you may only need to relocate one end cushion to the other end and move the center cushion.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Patriot Dave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 8:10pm

Hi All! We are new, or more accurately soon-to-be-new-owners of a 2017 179, saying hello from PA with a customary forum first post introduction. I'm Dan, my wife is Michele and we are patiently\eagerly awaiting delivery of our R-Pod. This is our first TT and we are upgrading from tent camping. I'm anxious to post a few questions while we wait and dive into some of the tech and mods discussions.

This is what our camping rig will look like based on a picture I took while still deciding on what floorplan would work best for our needs. TV is a 2011 JKU Rubicon 6-speed with a few upgrades.

I must admit, it took a very long time (2 years) to finally decide which model to buy, plus we are new to the RV lifestyle. We think the 179 offers the best balance of features and comfort.

I'll come back to this thread over the next few months and add some pictures and feedback of our adventures.

Congratulations.
My wife and I this winter went through the very same discussions you did regarding which model to choose. We spent hours over many days at the dealer setting in models we liked.
We are long time tent campers, been married 48 years and have 4 season tent camped through all of those years.
This is our first RV and we chose the 179. For our style camping and since there will only be two of us we thought it would be our best choice.
I have personally messed around with the sofa bed set up and it works as pictured in ones of the posts.
Good Luck

Dave & Joyce
Never Forget, In God We Trust; This Our National Motto.
Member; Patriot Guard Riders, Michigan Chapter
Retired; So Every Day is Saturday.... Except Sunday
DanoJKU View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by StephenH

Remove the rounded end cushions and the flat back cushion, and the dinette area is a great size for one person. A friend slept quite comfortably there when we went on a trip recently. Depending on her size, you may only need to relocate one end cushion to the other end and move the center cushion.

Originally posted by Patriot Dave

Congratulations.
My wife and I this winter went through the very same discussions you did regarding which model to choose. We spent hours over many days at the dealer setting in models we liked.
We are long time tent campers, been married 48 years and have 4 season tent camped through all of those years.
This is our first RV and we chose the 179. For our style camping and since there will only be two of us we thought it would be our best choice.
I have personally messed around with the sofa bed set up and it works as pictured in ones of the posts.
Good Luck

Thank you and thanks for that feedback! I was hoping that sofa-dinette would be able to sleep 1 person comfortably with everything lining up appropriately. I don't know if FR made a wrong move in the earlier models or not, but it is reassuring to hear from you both it works as expected... and is comfortable.    
Dano and Shell

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by xfitpanther

oh wow!   When I looked at the 2016 179 a few days ago, it looked like the table was a little bit higher, but like you said, the thinner cushion would make it level.  I'll go here in an hour and check it out to make sure.

Here is a 2016.  Its pretty level.  

David
2017 r-Pod 180
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>