R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOuter side Seams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jstrenn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outer side Seams
    Posted: 09 May 2016 at 7:20pm
Would it be possible to post some pictures?  I have a 2015 178, and just ran out of warranty.  Had it out this past weekend and noticed some of my caulking/sealant cracking/separating in the area you are describing (I think)
FL RPOD View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 6:11pm
Has anyone with the 2016 Model 179 had issues with the outer seams/black trim surrounding the top, front, sides, and rear of the pod separating exposing the edges of the outer panels? Hairline cracks in the sealant under the black trim? It almost makes it look as if the side panels were cut a fraction of an inch in diameter too small. Warranty covered the left front repair. The dealership said the screws mounting the trim/panels were over tightened and stripped at manufacturing time? Assured me I would have no re-occurrence.  Cry  When waxing the Pod I found 3 more areas where it looks like the seams are coming apart in addition to original repair opening up again. I have only had it on the road once since repair. Smooth highway, no out of the ordinary bumps. Out of warranty nowAngry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456