Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGeorgia Podders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgia Podders
    Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 7:30pm
We are planning to escape Michigan winter soon. The plan is to try skidaway island state park. Have you been there?
Sue
rda54 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 7:55pm
We are also getting out the cold were going to Texas just to warm up. We do live in the state that has the most winter pain even over Alska you are next to us in Michigan.😁
Ronald & Lonna
2014 178
2016 Chevy 1500
P and D Podders View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 8:15pm
I was at Skidaway Island last year at the State park.  It was quite nice but small.  There is a lot to do in the area.  Savannah is a short distance away with a lot of restaurants and history.

pedalho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 11:57pm
I would love to hear about your trip out west. We have a 179 and when time allows, we want to head west. We lived in CO for six years, but we've never driven out west pulling a trailer. Any tips, suggestions or hints would be appreciated.  Be well and pedal on.  Kathleen
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 12:27am
Dawglady, I'll be almost rolling through your town in mid April!, on our way to Savannah and then a slow drive up the coast to DC to visit my daughter. Month long drive around the country. Your coming west in July?(we're all the way west). Hope we run into each other!
Rgds john
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 8:16am
If you are in the Raleigh area, I can recommend Holly Point campground which is part of the Falls Lake State Recreation Area. We have enjoyed the two times we have stayed there. We will miss camping there this spring because our escaPOD will be going to the factory for repairs.

Other possibilities would be Jordan Lake (southwest of Raleigh) and Kerr Lake (north of Raleigh near the Virginia state line) State Recreation Areas. There are other state parks nearer the coast if you are going that way. If you will be headed up through the mountains, Cherokee Campground & Craig's Cabins in Cherokee, NC is a place we stayed and very much enjoyed.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 11:02am

Thanks Stephan,
I was getting ready to post a map with our basic route and see if people would give me the names of the coolest places to stay along the route. We leave on the 18th of April and have a few nights and stops that are planned. It's a blaze until we get east of the Mississippi, Then slower.  I've toured the west but never the east coast. I would like to do more than a short month but  that's all my customers would allow.
The route back is more northern. I'll make that map tomorrow. and make my own post in camping adventures and see how it goes.  
 Here's a link to eastward  route. Let me know your ideas!!

And i know you told me once, but how do you rename a link so it's not so long?

And Got a wild hair Saturday and put in 28" wide twin beds with a 18"walk up the middle and a nightstand over the storage, for a test trail. Dinette seat back lifts out to give me enough length, and got her side to 64" (she's short). Before I add drawers and finish it we're going on a test trip this weekend. 

rgds John

SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 12:02pm
Make a short name for the link you want to use. Highlight the name and then click the globe and chain link icon above the box. It will open a dialog. Delete the text and paste the link in it. I always check the link and delete the extra http:// or https:// since that will be supplied by the drop-down menu on the left of the link box. When you click OK, the link will be posted.

I took a look at your map. It looks like you will be hugging the coast. Since you will be there, you could stop in at the Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, NC.

The bed modification is pretty cool. It won't work for the 179 though since the wardrobe would be in the way.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Kimma00 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 9:56am
Hi GA Podders!  We got our 2017 R-Pod 180 last October and we are loving it!  We are near Atlanta have done lots of local camping around Lake Lanier and plan a trip west to Grand Teton next year. DawgLady, how was your trip? Any Podders in the ATL Metro?
Kim
2017 R-Pod 180
DawgLady View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 12:20pm
We had a wonderful trip. Only glitch was a blow out that ripped off fender skirt. The Tetons are so beautiful I could visit them every year. Make sure to go to Custer State Park and drive the Needles Highway. ( with out Pod as there are 2 tunnels that are extremely narrow) Animals walking down the road for snacks and lots of bison. We camped in National Forests mostly and boondocked. Some awesome scenery. You will love it!!

Sara
Dawg Lady
2016 R-180 "Lizzy"
Georgia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>