R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ouR escaPOD mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 55565758>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ouR escaPOD mods
    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 at 4:40pm
They are BNC connectors. I used BNC because they are waterproof when connected and the caps make them waterproof when they are not being used. They are also easier to connect and disconnect than the PL/SO connectors. The connector to the left is a 4-conductor connector for the AH-4 antenna tuner. I guess I need to put a picture of everything set up and connected.

The bottom connector is for the HF antenna. The top connector is for the VHF/UHF antenna. Since I travel with an Icom IC-7100, I only have to carry one transciever.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 10:23pm
I still have not gotten a picture of the setup with antennas, but I did get the radio and tuner as well as a switch panel and LED light strip mounted. These came in a go-box that was just too big to fit in the RPod. The go box is in the house holding a power supply and other accessories for the radio inside.

The radio is an ICOM IC-7100 and the tuner is an MFJ-939I I also have a Motorola speaker mounted (after the picture was taken). It works pretty well, although the real test will be how it works when we travel.

I do not show the antenna or tuner cables connected. The good thing about the head unit is that it connects via a cable and can be moved along with the microphone when in use, then stowed when not needed.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Kahonu37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kahonu37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by JA-Pod

A followup to StephenH,  Installed the bar under the floor of my 179,  although my floor was not having a sagging issue,  it always seemed a bit soft,  after installing the bar it is very solid,  it was a good investment.  Simple design, measure between the frame,  the welder subtracted 1/8 inch to allow the bar to be maneuvered into place.  there was 1/4 in difference between StephenH's bar and the one for my pod and as he said  no two pods are the same! I installed it 15 in from the grey water tank support, just to the right of the left door frame.  Thankyou John Marrucci,  although you went through a fair amount of frustration with FR,  you posting has helped a great deal. 

What size tube did you all use??
Regards
M
2018 179
2012 NISSAN XTERRA (retired 12/19)
2019 RAM 1500 WARLOCK (new)
A.R.E. V Series Topper
WDH Equalizer 600/6000
Kahonu37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kahonu37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by JA-Pod

A followup to StephenH,  Installed the bar under the floor of my 179,  although my floor was not having a sagging issue,  it always seemed a bit soft,  after installing the bar it is very solid,  it was a good investment.  Simple design, measure between the frame,  the welder subtracted 1/8 inch to allow the bar to be maneuvered into place.  there was 1/4 in difference between StephenH's bar and the one for my pod and as he said  no two pods are the same! I installed it 15 in from the grey water tank support, just to the right of the left door frame.  Thankyou John Marrucci,  although you went through a fair amount of frustration with FR,  you posting has helped a great deal. 

What size tube did you all use??
Regards
M
2018 179
2012 NISSAN XTERRA (retired 12/19)
2019 RAM 1500 WARLOCK (new)
A.R.E. V Series Topper
WDH Equalizer 600/6000
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 6:38pm
Here is a real quick one. How many RP-179 owners have been frustrated at the panel below the refrigerator that keeps falling off? I know I was. After our last trip where it fell off again, I decided enough is enough.

I took a piece of the fabric that I used for making the dinette modification cushions. My wife used her serger to serge around the edges so that it would not unravel. I then took a thin board about the same width as the aluminum frame under the refrigerator. I stapled the fabric to the board on the back side of how the fabric would hang, letting it fold over the top and hang down. Three screws hold it in place. It covers the unsightly lines and pipes and will allow easy retrieval if anything should fall down there again (as it has in the past). Being fabric, I won't have to worry if it hits something as the slide is being extended or retracted either.

StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Geezerbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Geezerbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 11:32am
Regarding the water system sanitation. Can you please elaborate some on the process? Do you drain the system of bleach and then refill the complete system with the baking soda mix? What are the quantities of baking soda, lemon and vinegar?

Thank you so much. 

Bill
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Geezerbill

Regarding the water system sanitation. Can you please elaborate some on the process? Do you drain the system of bleach and then refill the complete system with the baking soda mix? What are the quantities of baking soda, lemon and vinegar?

Thank you so much. 

Bill

Not sure if this in response to a different post under a different topic but the baking soda, lemon and vinegar concoction was in response to one year when I mistakingly used RV antifreeze in the water lines to winterize.  The following spring I couldn't get the taste out of the lines until using a mix of 1 cup baking soda, 16 oz. lemon juice and 32 oz. white vinegar.  I mixed that all with tap water in a gallon jug, shook it until the baking soda was in suspension and poured the 1 gallon contents (added tap water to make 1 gallon) into the FW tank using a funnel.  I then added an additional 4 gallons tap water to the FW tank.  Immediately after that I ran the cold water taps for about a minute to make sure the mix was coming through (didn't bother with the HW side as we don't use for drinking).  Let sit overnight - total time was about 12 hours, drained the FW tank and added a few gallons fresh water and ran through the lines again to see if problem was solved.  It was, no more aftertaste of RV antifreeze (or smell).  NOTE: I did not use this to sanitize but rather to get the bad taste out of the lines as we use our FW tank and lines for drinking water.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 2:27pm
We went a period of a few weeks this summer without camping, unusual for us, and had left some water in the fresh tank. It took on an odor so we got this stuff (Camco TastePURE)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EDUTQS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Used it as directed and the RV water system never smelled better. It's not a sanitizer which is not a big deal since we carry drinking water separately.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 4:22pm
I drain the sanitizing solution and refill the tank with fresh water. Since I am not pumping RV antifreeze through the pipes, the baking soda step is not needed. I also use the Camco TastePURE in the correct proportion when I fill or add water to the tank. I've previously had algae growing in the tank and the TastePURE helps keep it in check.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Wingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 1:54pm
What type of converter did you use to have your 110 V CPAP machine run on 12V? I would be interested in this mod also.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 55565758>