R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ouR escaPOD mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 58>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Olddawgsrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ouR escaPOD mods
    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 7:52am
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:05am
No, I did not know about them. After doing some rabbit chasing on the PowerMax site, I finally came across a page that indicates that the BD 1255 MBA is suitable for PB-A and AGM batteries, but it does not specify suitable for LiFePO4 batteries. There is an email address to contact which may be a way to get the information. 

These are the only ones that come up linked from the PowerMax site that specify Lithium: http://www.bestconverter.com/Boondocker-Lithium-_c_236.html. There are some Progressive Dynamics models, including a replacement power center, that show when looking for Lithium compatible, but I do not see any where one could safely mix the types of batteries being charged.

WFCO/Arterra and Progressive Dynamics are names I know. Boondocker is a new one. It may be great or it may not be but I would need to see some reviews before going with one. It is definitely less expensive than the WFCO main board.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Olddawgsrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:16am
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:52am
If you are going that route, look at this one instead. It is much more expensive, but looks to have better ratings and will handle the solar as well as vehicle charging:  https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-DCC50S-12V-50A-Multi-Stage/dp/B07W84SS41/. I don't have solar, so I chose an option that made sense for me.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179

Post Options Post Options   Quote Olddawgsrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 7:44am
Originally posted by StephenH

If you are going that route, look at this one instead. It is much more expensive, but looks to have better ratings and will handle the solar as well as vehicle charging:  https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-DCC50S-12V-50A-Multi-Stage/dp/B07W84SS41/. I don't have solar, so I chose an option that made sense for me.

Thank you! Smile

Saw it, debated it, really couldn't see the extra $200 for what I'm getting. Just me.. There's a few using the one I'm looking at over on my build and overland forums. Good reports coming back from first hand use, bonus is they use very close to what I do in wattage each day. 

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:48am
Good if it is getting good reviews on the other forums. My understanding is that if I am using the stock trailer wiring connector, it is not needed. If I were to run a dedicated wire, that is where this would be needed. Anyway, I can't test until Spring when we start towing..
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179

Post Options Post Options   Quote Olddawgsrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:31pm

Good if it is getting good reviews on the other forums. My understanding is that if I am using the stock trailer wiring connector, it is not needed. If I were to run a dedicated wire, that is where this would be needed. Anyway, I can't test until Spring when we start towing..

Depends what stock is set to do and what you have. You will have a lithium converter/charger (your WFCO). You have no need for a DC/DC. 

I don't.. The simplest for me is to go DC/DC directly to the battery.  

We'll both be doing real life trials as we head out in Spring.
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:34pm
True. I hope to make a short, local trip sometime in late March or early April to do some initial testing. The longer trip we hope to start in May.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:40pm
I like the double sided chock you have. I like that much better than the 2 single chocks I use on each side of the tire. They look to be made of aluminum? It looks like the center connector is a turnbuckle, so you can adjust the size of the opening ? I will be ordering them soon.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding

Post Options Post Options   Quote Olddawgsrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 3:03pm

True. I hope to make a short, local trip sometime in late March or early April to do some initial testing. The longer trip we hope to start in May.

Kinda on the same track for time. Need to be in SD for end of May. Really wanting to do a run up the Maine Spur before and hit Quoddy State Park. I must walk the eastern most point of the US!
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 58>