R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ouR escaPOD mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ouR escaPOD mods
    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 3:40pm
The angle iron is welded to the square tubing with no openings on the bottom so that would not be a route of entry. I will check to make sure that there is ventilation. I already put foam in so I may end up having to cut it out. I should have waited. Oh well, live and learn. Ouch
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
http://pilgrim-wanderings.blogspot.com
offgrid View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 4:52pm
I think a lot of this is creating a problem that’s not there. We both primed and painted our angles and axles prior to installation so any corrosion issues will only occur after that coating is compromised. The corrosion protection of the rpod frame is poor at best so other problems are likely to surface first. I just had to completely grind and recoat my A frame because the coating was pretty much gone on it.
2015 Rpod 179
2012 Toyota Highlander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728