R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ouR escaPOD mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 58>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ouR escaPOD mods
    Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 5:19pm
Yes, furpod gave me the 1st degree for not sanitizing my water tank . . . ever, since I purchased it March 2011.  Late this spring I did use a weak solution of bleach and then used baking soda/concentrated lemon juice and let sit in tank overnight, took care of the bleach taste.  Thanks for the post StephenH.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 6:00pm
You're quite welcome. It is easy to overlook sanitizing the water system. Yet, sanitizing is the best way to ensure a safe water supply.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 7:27pm
My DW reminded me of the third ingredient to the above mix, white vinegar (and baking soda and concentrated lemon juice).
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 10:19pm
The baking soda by itself followed by a flush with fresh water worked okay for me. I guess the water properties where one lives makes a difference also.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 9:20pm
The latest mod won't be new to anyone with a later model 2016 R-Pod, but it is new to me since I had an earlier 2016 179. Mine did not come with the flip foot or the undermount sink. I detailed my sink mod previously. Now I can detail the flip-foot mod.

Thanks to Mike who, when he changed his jack from manual to electric, found he could not really use the flip foot that came on his R-Pod. It did not work with the place in which he needed to park his 'Pod.

The electric jack I installed a few months ago came with a round, adjustable foot. While it worked, it had its problems. For one thing, as the pod shifted with jacking, it could dig its edge into blacktop pavement. Second, one had to get down to remove the pin, adjust it, and put the pin back in. These are reasons for which I wanted a flip foot. The Husky foot I had purchased and tried was not quite what I wanted, so I appreciated the ability to purchase the flip foot and try it.

My opinion is that I really like the flip foot. It sometimes needs a little nudge to get moving in the right way to set itself or to flip up, but that can be done without stooping over. Otherwise, the curved sides means it should not dig in to warm blacktop like the flat foot did. It seems to be perfectly adequate for supporting the tongue of the 179. I do not notice any instability when it is properly set. The retraction is nice too since I don't need to manually flip it up or detach it before traveling.

The old foot is in the background, next to the red bottle jack.

The acid test will be when we make our next big trip.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
mountainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mountainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 12:41pm
StephenH, thanks for showing the block you made for jacking up the trailer. I will make one this winter. I can guess at the dimensions, but would it be possible for you to provide dimensions of it? Thanks.
mountainman
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 5:07pm
I started with two pieces of scrap wood. After gluing and screwing them together, I just notched out to fit the shape of the axle plus squared off more on the one side so that the wires that go to the brake drum would fit there. The flat parts on top are for the bracket that attaches the axle to sit on. Giving you the dimensions of mine wouldn't guarantee that it would work for your setup. Check and fit to the shape for your axle.

Length: 8"
Width:   3-5/8"
Notch depth: 2"
Notch angle: 45 degrees on one side, 90 degrees on the other
Flat part of notch bottom: 2-1/4"

Hopefully with the picture and these dimensions, you will be able to make a block that works for your R-Pod.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
mountainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mountainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 11:54am
Thanks for the information. I'll make a template out of 1/4" plywood using your dimensions and then go from there as I need to.
mountainman
foadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote foadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 12:16pm
Has anyone replace the R-POD manual jack with a Harbor Freight electric jack (Haul Master 69899)?

Will it fit? Or does anyone have the hole diameter and bolt hole circle dimensions. I do not want to purchase the jack and find out it does not fit my 2015 R-POD 171.

Bil Miller - Elmira, NY
bmiller
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 1:28pm
Trailer jack hole patterns seem to be pretty universal. You can see in my previous posts which jack I chose. We've had it for several months now, and I am happy with its performance. You could take some measurements of the manual jack's bolt locations and check that way.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 58>