R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFirst trip starts tomorrow, April 8th - Event Date: 08 Apr 2016 - 28 May 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: First trip starts tomorrow, April 8th
    Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 9:39pm
Thank you for your response Stephen.
Through this forum I feel less alone,
I know that we were lucky, it could have been much worse, but we are disappointed.
So far we have had only 2 nights in the trailer, were really comfortable and enjoyed it.
I guess we just have to be patient. 
Glenn
johnmaci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 8:13am
I've heard so many poor maintenance stories by dealers, that I do a lot of preventive maintenance myself (begrudgingly).

I bought the below two items and lubricate twice a year (overkill).
Somewhere in the maintenance section, there is a post of good directions on how to do it.

http://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Lubrication-1133-Loading-Lever-Action/dp/B0002KKTFO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Purple-Performance-Multi-Purpose-Synthetic/dp/B002KCWWFC?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Glenn

Update on our trip.
We got just a little past Saskatoon when I heard an odd noise. Pulled off the highway and found that a bearing was burned. I was lucky that I heard it and that I stopped before the wheel burn through the axleUnhappy As it is the trailer had to be towed/carried back to Saskatoon where it will wait for a new axle until the middle of May. We'll have our vacation without the trailer and pick it up on the way back.
This is really disappointing. I had advised the dealer that we were planning this long trip and asked him to check the bearings, brakes and tires. He said we needed new tires, which we bought, and that everything else was good to go. We went about 4k kilometers. Before the bearing went!
I hope that when I start hauling the trailer again I won't be constantly worrying about it happening again.

Very sorry to hear of your troubles. It is good that you were alert and noticed the problem, when you did.

I too do all of my own maintenance. I know that the work is completed in the best way that I know how and it saves money, also. If you feel inclined to do so, there are lots of very smart people here who are always happy to share their knowledge.
Glenn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 6:48pm
Thank you for the advice. I thought I was leaving it to the Experts. I guess, as you say, I'll have to become the expert.
As I have already said, this forum has been a great help and I'll be continuing to use it.
Glenn
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 12:40pm
There is a tagline that is used in Fidonet messages: "Professionals built the Titanic. Amateurs built the Ark." Sometimes you get someone who cares and does excellent work. However, sometimes, you just have to do it yourself.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
5weight View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 11:15am
Happy Travels sir!

5W
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12